the heibie jeibies

Guest midnight_runner

I was longnetting one night when something-I think it was a roe crashed through the net dragging it ten yards in the process. I was daydreaming by the side of the net. I reckon it was the biggest wake up and adrenalin rush of my life. I was shadow boxing for at least twenty seconds. When my mate arrived he turned a torch on my face and fell on the deck laughing . He said my face was sheet white and my eyes bulging like a madman. Definitely a case of hunter feeling hunted.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only time to pi** your pants is when the dogs stand stare and the hackles go up, they can see, sence, smell, hear sh*t we cannot. my dogs do it on a stretch of road alot of people have been killed on. no lights in the bottom of a big dip, for a fat lad linford has nothing on me up the other side. :no::icon_redface:

was out lamping 1 nite and i got over this gate next to an old house.. i heard a old creekin noise and started freakin it... i got onto the main road and was sayin to myself i was only scarin myself there is nothin there.. until the creekin noise kept repeatin and seemed to be gettin closer to me..! :cry: i never went into another field that nite... walked the road [bANNED TEXT] home..! :(

freaky s**t..!! :blink:

one of the places that ive worked for yrs has a dissused railway bridge that you walk under to get from one field to the next.as i was walking under it one nite a tramp grabed my arm asking for a light :icon_eek: I gave him a light allright,a 400 candle power night blaster round the head. :shok: :oops:

didnt know weather to fell bad or safe as i legged it :laugh:

i do a lot of lamping on my own , and have seen some very strange things , and still get nervous an twitchy to this day :):)

i was once(2yrs ago) working a golf course next to a main road with some long nets,just finished putting down 200yrds when a car stopped other side of the hedge,i hit the floor and waited. next thing an other car pulled up. iwas shiting myself as i wasnt supposed to be there.3 blokes got out and walked through the hedge and stood not far from me (50yrds?), and yes you guessed it thay were in the mood for love (must stress with each other not me). I didnt know weather to s!*t, fart or leg it and feck the nets. 30mins later they f*@$ed off and left me in fear for the safety of my ring(no jokes please about lord of the rings) Stunned i sat there thinking of what if the old bill had turned up to deal with these fellas then in my minds eye i could see the local papers headlines. 3 MEN CAUGHT PERFORMING LEWED ACTS AND AN OTHER CAUGHT PERVING IN THE UNDERGROWTH.

S!*t that brings me out in a cold sweat just thinking about it :icon_eek: :sick:

im off to down a few whiskeys to settle my shattered nerves :drink::drink:

:11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11:

:laugh: well, i have seen a few sights over the years and several scary moments too. Once was sneaking on a place and had a bloody horse run into the longnet!! :icon_eek: shit your pants moment when all of a sudden the basket goes bouncing off down the field!

I have seen the odd transvestite over the years too...lol....and i once was lamping, many years ago now when i was about 16 and i saw something very very odd. i dont know what it was but it was a "white" figure... i shit my pants.....i really did......hiding behind a small pile of rocks, opinel in hand......shitting it.......lol..... :icon_eek::o such is our hunting life....

Coming home one night years back from a nights lamping with me lurchers in the car.

It turned into a bad night, slashing rain and i was soaked threw.

Their was floods on the road and i had 23 miles to get back home :unsure:

I took a right, on a very lonely country road, so lonely, their was bits of grass in the middle of it :icon_eek:

Just before i got to a bridge, a figure came very close to my car and floated across the road and looked into me :o , then vanished. :cry:

The hairs were doing disco on me neck and the car went COLD, it took a while to sink in, as i was sort of shoked, but when i realised what id seen, i turned into a bag of jelly. :shok:

I can still feel how cold that car went, even though the heating was on full blast. :icon_eek:

No joke folks, i never believed in any shit like that before, but after that, it made me think a while. :hmm:

That was back in 93.

Frank.