first of all sorry to the mods if this is in the wroung section.

This may or may not consern some off you. but hears a letter i just recived from the police.

OLIMPIC . 380 BLANK FIRING REVOLVER.

the above item has been the subject of forensic exsamination and has been found to be readily convertible to a leatal firearm and now falls under the classification of a proibited weapon within the provisions of sction 5 (1)(aba) of the firearms act 1968, to which there is a five year mandatory prision sentence.

The revolvers are commonly known as a blank fires and most have been legally purchased for starting races or dog training.

A national amnesty for all OLIMPIC .380 BLANK FIRING REVOLVERS has begun and runs untill 4th june 2010.

ALL revolvers of this model in black or in primary colour must be handed in to your nearest main police station befor 4th june 2010

If your are in possession of this firearm or if any of your customers are in possession and are seeking advice you are asked to present it in the following way.

Enshure the revolver is contaioned in a bag or box

Take it directly from where the revolver is held to your nearest main police station.

Do not hold or carry it in a public in a way that is likely to cause alarm or distress.

Im shure they mean to say the odvious of make shure the weapon is not loaded

just thought id put this up just incase any of you have them and do not know about this..

happy hunting

Andy :thumbs:

Jeez

Talk about getting their nickers in a twist.

Any thing that can fire a blank can be turned into something that can fire a projectile.

What about those nail guns that use the larger 9mm blanks?

Not too difficult to stick a barrel on them.

I remember walking into the local TSB many years (1987) ago with a blank firing .357 Colt Python in a belt holster.

No one gave a damn.

Which is a good thing really as I'd forgotton it was there and wasnt wearing a jacket.

Imagine doing that these days, I'd be shot!

Phantom

haha cant believe you could do that and be alright i was born in 87 so cant remember the days when things were as relaxed as that i think you're definatly right though it'd be chaos if you did that today. a friend of mine walked into our local lloyds branch (which is extremely small and rarely open) and aparently they were supposed to be closed with the door locked. however the door lock failed somehow he walked straight in with a cheque to pay in and found a chap with piles of money on the counter who imidiatly freaked out and told him to get out when he said he needed to pay his cheque in that day as his rent was coming out the guy hit some alarm and 4 cop cars turned up within a few minutes! he nearly got arrested! pretty over the top really but seems to be the way of the times like you say

you know the best thing about all of this.

the gun in question is the most poorly made cheep ass peice of crap on the market. it take .22 blanks.

i wouldent even like to fire blanks in it never mind a real live round.

blow your bleedin hands off. if your lucky.

monkey metal peice of shit. cant belive people would even think about converting them. well apart from the £40 odd quid rrp.

atb Andy

you know the best thing about all of this.

the gun in question is the most poorly made cheep ass peice of crap on the market. it take .22 blanks.

i wouldent even like to fire blanks in it never mind a real live round.

blow your bleedin hands off. if your lucky.

monkey metal peice of shit. cant belive people would even think about converting them. well apart from the £40 odd quid rrp.

atb Andy

.22 blanks?

Excuse me being silly, but if it fires .22 then why call it a .380? Or am I being too literal?

So all those people who have bought these for legitimate purposes have to hand them in, and will receive no compensation for them?

A hammer is dangerous if you choose to use it that way, and in fact doesn't need any modifying first. So are the police going to decide that hammers are a prohibited weapon and sieze them all without offering any compensation?

What a complete bunch of toss!

Sorry, but it makes me mad!

I don't have one, I have no need for one, but if I DID, and was suddenly told that I had to hand it over and lose the money I paid for it (even if it is "only" £40, that's a lot to chuck in the dustbin) then I would be mightily peeved!

Sure, it can be converted, but the law abiding types who will hand their weapons over are not the type who are likely to try converting them, and the type who will convert aren't likely to be bothered whether they're section 5 or not, as once they're converted they are definitely section 5!

Utter utter nonsense!

Same as the Brococks, though at least with those they had the chance to put them on ticket, there's not even that option here!

Sorry for ranting and hijacking your post!

• Like 1

Jeez

Talk about getting their nickers in a twist.

Any thing that can fire a blank can be turned into something that can fire a projectile.

What about those nail guns that use the larger 9mm blanks?

Not too difficult to stick a barrel on them.

Phantom

bit harder than you think T

sod trying to put a barrel on my hilti an that takes 9mm bad enough as it is will put a steel pin in a rsj 8mm thick no probs,, wouldnt even try to put one on the one ive got that takes .22,, worst thing is i had to hand in 2 Olympic .380 cos of some :censored: in a suite said they can be converted i used to have loads of fun with them

shoot safe

Niel

my spelling maybe hit an miss but i never miss with the S400 or the RIPLEY

Can someone confirm that an Olympic .380 actually fires big blanks of about 9mm? Why I ask, is that my wife has just bought an Olympic6,.22, as her other .22 blank pistol is getting worn out. We have heard nothing yet from our various gun dog clubs about this, perhaps because nearly everyone uses a .22 type for training.

I suppose you could convert any blank firer, if you were so minded, but as previously mentioned, the metal quality is so poor, it's debatable which end would be most dangerous!

Can someone confirm that an Olympic .380 actually fires big blanks of about 9mm? Why I ask, is that my wife has just bought an Olympic6,.22, as her other .22 blank pistol is getting worn out. We have heard nothing yet from our various gun dog clubs about this, perhaps because nearly everyone uses a .22 type for training.

I suppose you could convert any blank firer, if you were so minded, but as previously mentioned, the metal quality is so poor, it's debatable which end would be most dangerous!

hi there mate the gun in question that has been banned fires 380 blankes, i mad a mistake on the above part, the olympic 6 .22 is the 22 one.look the same just a size differance. havent been able to get on the internet to correct my self for the last 2 bloody weeks. thanks BT for that.

sorry for the confusion.

All the best

Andy

What always puzzles me is if real handguns are so easy to get hold of illegally who in their right mind would go to all the hassle and danger of converting something like this blank firing gun and risk blowing their hands off, when they could just get a real one? Being caught with either carry the same penalty, so surely it makes sense to get the real thing if your criminally minded?

hi there mate the gun in question that has been banned fires 380 blankes, i mad a mistake on the above part, the olympic 6 .22 is the 22 one.look the same just a size differance. havent been able to get on the internet to correct my self for the last 2 bloody weeks. thanks BT for that.

sorry for the confusion.

All the best

Andy

Thanks for that Andy, I thought the .22 version was ok. Good job, as we only bought the new one last month! I have seen a warning in the local paper, that the amnesty on the .38 model was running out.Possibly last Friday was the final day, the paper has gone for recycling now.

What always puzzles me is if real handguns are so easy to get hold of illegally who in their right mind would go to all the hassle and danger of converting something like this blank firing gun and risk blowing their hands off, when they could just get a real one? Being caught with either carry the same penalty, so surely it makes sense to get the real thing if your criminally minded?

yes you would think so wouldent you. just goes to show the inteligents of the muppets that have them.