An outing with the Law.

Nice shooting Bill :clapper:

Glad your experiance with the Police has been as positive as the ones I've had :yes:

Everytime I hear Hotel Oscar 99 I thing 'Here we go' and of course being next to the main road out of Hull, there are always the blues and two's screaming past.

The one that did have me worried was that evening I was about to take a shot and I saw blue lights reflecting off the scope eyebell.

But it was only the police watching out for horse thieves.

I've found the police to be more than nice, professional and respectful as long as I am the same.

Loved the read Bill and a great image as well.

Phantom

Wow you must have found the last of the decent coppers hahaha!!!! :gunsmilie:

Hi Logan.

I think your right mate :D:D ......they are not all bad though.

Nice to know they are about, we would all be in the chit without them :yes:

ATB.

Bill.

True mate!! Its just a shame there are so many bad ones that spoil their reputation!! :gunsmilie:

Nice shooting Bill :clapper:

Glad your experiance with the Police has been as positive as the ones I've had :yes:

Everytime I hear Hotel Oscar 99 I thing 'Here we go' and of course being next to the main road out of Hull, there are always the blues and two's screaming past.

The one that did have me worried was that evening I was about to take a shot and I saw blue lights reflecting off the scope eyebell.

But it was only the police watching out for horse thieves.

I've found the police to be more than nice, professional and respectful as long as I am the same.

Loved the read Bill and a great image as well.

Phantom

Hiya Tony.

Thank you mate :thumbs:

Yes he was as good as gold.

Not had the pleasure of Oscar 99 yet......but give me time :D

Bill.

Hi Logan.

ATB.

Bill.

True mate!! Its just a shame there are so many bad ones that spoil their reputation!! :gunsmilie:

Hi Logan.

Ive alway's thought, right or wrong, that the one's who can be a bit arsey are the young un's.

The attitude is usualy a cover for lack of confidence in given situations.

Give me the old bobby everytime, someone who has seen a bit of life's rich tapestry, and not fresh of the conveyor belt.

ATB.

Bill.

Hiya Tony.

Bill.

Oh well if you do catch his eye, just shake yer bunny at him and wave :whistling:

Thats all I do, although the last time I saw the chopper I was at the far end of the paddock and he didn't come in so close, maybe he recognised me as being "That Weird Bloke who lays around the Cemetery in the dark" :angel:

Phantom

Good to hear a positive story about the hunting and the law. Maybe there,s hope yet.atb Catcher thumbs.gif

Hi Catcher.

Yes, he couldnt have been nicer, I think a lot depend's on how you treat them most of the time.

Everything was in order, so it was a defo one up for hunting thumbs.gif

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Bill before the ban i never had any pobs with the police a few times they would ask me if the could have a look at it and would say hope you have good luck.Now i just cant trust them.atb. Catcherthumbs.gif

Hiya Tony.

Bill.

Oh well if you do catch his eye, just shake yer bunny at him and wave :whistling:

Thats all I do, although the last time I saw the chopper I was at the far end of the paddock and he didn't come in so close, maybe he recognised me as being "That Weird Bloke who lays around the Cemetery in the dark" :angel:

Phantom

Sound's like a plan Tony :D

Good to hear a positive story about the hunting and the law. Maybe there,s hope yet.atb Catcher thumbs.gif

Hi Catcher.

Yes, he couldnt have been nicer, I think a lot depend's on how you treat them most of the time.

Everything was in order, so it was a defo one up for hunting thumbs.gif

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Bill before the ban i never had any pobs with the police a few times they would ask me if the could have a look at it and would say hope you have good luck.Now i just cant trust them.atb. Catcherthumbs.gif

Understodd mate, and sorry you had a rough deal buddy:thumbs:

Great to here a good story involving hunters and the Law, i have to say i've never had any bother with the cops whilst on any permission.

A good tip to follow is to give the local Police a ring and letting them know where i'l be shooting/ferreting and also giving them the name and number of the land owner always helps. Then if some anti or do gooder rings them to complain they dont have to waste their time and resources sending a squad car,it works and i've even had one cop call up to where i was shooting asking me sort out some rabbits in his garden, which i gladly did :thumbs:

Hi Bill

Great write up mate, good to hear a positive police story.

The bit about lying motion less for 90 minutes reminds me of when I went out shooting with my mate Jim, he lay motion less for about an hour. The t**t had fallen asleep.

Cheers Carl

Hi Bill

Great write up mate, good to hear a positive police story.

The bit about lying motion less for 90 minutes reminds me of when I went out shooting with my mate Jim, he lay motion less for about an hour. The t**t had fallen asleep.

Cheers Carl

Hi Carl.

Beilliant mate PMSL :clapper::D:D

Bill.

Hi Logan.

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Logan.

Ive alway's thought, right or wrong, that the one's who can be a bit arsey are the young un's.

The attitude is usualy a cover for lack of confidence in given situations.

Give me the old bobby everytime, someone who has seen a bit of life's rich tapestry, and not fresh of the conveyor belt.

ATB.

Bill.

I agree mate 100'/.!!! :gunsmilie:

the permission i have in derbyshire is right near to where the helicopter base is so very ofen they hover above us,often just over the trees. just wave the bunnies at them and give them a smile and a wave. often get a wave back and off they go..if i dont have any bunnies i lay the gun on the floor and hold up a target.

never had any probs. even tho this happens nearly every time im there,sumtimes more than once. must be used to my face by now.

if your right with them there right with you.

Andy :thumbs: