Just found a fallen rook fledgeling!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took in a fallen rook as well. My best advice it put it back exactly where you found it. More than likely the parents are feeding it.   Rooks are cranky baxtards, and not as pleasant as a jackdaw.

Posted Images

YOUNG JACKDAWS FOR SALE.£5.00 EACH OR THREE FOR £10.00.FARM BRED AND GUARANTEED WORKERS AND TALKERS.LOL.

MUST BE COLLECTED FROM ORCHARD AT BACK OF OUR HOUSE.YOU WILL NEED A LADDER. :clapper::clapper:

Malt, you ever fancied a career in RSPCA or becoming a wildlife crime officer? :whistling:

Just kiddin mate, think its cool if you manage to rear it, and even cooler if your wee ones can help in the process.

To think I spend hours shooting the feckers when there hammering crops and your starting a breeding programme :laugh:

All the best!

FTB

:laugh: Don't worry mate, these are urban feckers, but I'm not adverse to slotting a few myself! :laugh:

070510-1229.jpg

Shot this one a few days back! :D

i had a jack when i was younger had it 6 months i tried letting it go but it stayed about the house it was very tame until my bro bought his first gun he blew the poor bird off the fence

YOUNG JACKDAWS FOR SALE.£5.00 EACH OR THREE FOR £10.00.FARM BRED AND GUARANTEED WORKERS AND TALKERS.LOL.

MUST BE COLLECTED FROM ORCHARD AT BACK OF OUR HOUSE.YOU WILL NEED A LADDER. :clapper::clapper:

I'll have 3 :clapper:

Malt, you ever fancied a career in RSPCA or becoming a wildlife crime officer? whistling.gif

Just kiddin mate, think its cool if you manage to rear it, and even cooler if your wee ones can help in the process.

To think I spend hours shooting the feckers when there hammering crops and your starting a breeding programme laugh.gif

All the best!

FTB

laugh.gif Don't worry mate, these are urban feckers, but I'm not adverse to slotting a few myself! laugh.gif

070510-1229.jpg

Shot this one a few days back! biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif Thats his mum cry.gif

Only kidding biggrin.gif

Good for you, get some photos of it up, hope it works out for you (and him/her/it!) thumbs.gif

In the garden yesterday!

post-8371-127382886923_thumb.jpg

looks more like a crow than a rook from that photo :hmm:

Could well be, I've thought the same myself! :thumbs:

looking at the beak,id say crow... LET THE DEBATE BEGIN! =@

I'm sure somebody will have a definitive answer from that picture! :laugh::thumbs:

In the garden yesterday!

post-8371-127382886923_thumb.jpg

looks more like a crow than a rook from that photo :hmm:

Could well be, I've thought the same myself! :thumbs:

looking at the beak,id say crow... LET THE DEBATE BEGIN! =@

I'm sure somebody will have a definitive answer from that picture! :laugh::thumbs:

What ever it is its ugly, kept some house martins a few years ago after there nest had fallen apart. rscpa dident want to know, so i brought them up on cat food and various flies that could be caught. luckely they only had about a week before they started to fly so i put the box on a second floor window sill and they flew off after about an hour never to be seen again. and the same pair of paretns have returned every year scince and have a nest going right now.

Richard