grafting spades

Any decent guys on the roadworks ,pipelaying etc ,should give you afew ,

i mustve supplied half of ireland when we were on the water with them ,if not

ask any guy coiming over to any of them shows you attend to bring you a few and

square him up with a few quid .good luck .

I was lucky enough to bring half a dozen home with me last year ,which i give

out to those old digging men ,if im back over shortly ill see if theres any spare ones lying about in the vans .

Edited by jimmys shop

i got a old bulldog grafting shovel from car boot,cut blade off and welded it to a piece of solid inch and half steel with a threaded join half way up so it comes apart and fits in quad box.f*****g heavy but a great bit of kit.all the lads up this way use them and they are a godsend on a hard dig.will cut through anything.im sure a few lads on here have seen them in action.

• Like 1

i got a old bulldog grafting shovel from car boot,cut blade off and welded it to a piece of solid inch and half steel with a threaded join half way up so it comes apart and fits in quad box.f*****g heavy but a great bit of kit.all the lads up this way use them and they are a godsend on a hard dig.will cut through anything.im sure a few lads on here have seen them in action.

:yes::yes::yes:

thanks lads no luck getting blade yet. im a fitter by trade so when i do get one ill weld on the handle.

heres another example as mouse said these go thro roots like butter, try one of these mate only £20 cut the wood off drill the rest out of the neck NOT burn it as the temper goes out of the steel, then weld a bar on :thumbs:

post-29007-127359366168_thumb.jpg

post-29007-127359373928_thumb.jpg