jill back in season!!

Guest alcapone

when a jill comes back in season just after having kits do nyou have to breed her to a vasc. hob or can you just breed her to a normal hob that has everything in tack

Why would you want her to have a second litter .. that will near enough finnish her off ...

its not my ferret Kay my jill had 11 kits and isnt back in season,i was asked to find out as much i could about her coming back in season so early after having 3 kits

I have never had a jill come back into season after she has been brought out either jill jab or vasectomised hob route... my ferrets tend not to come into season untill around march time here .... so i waited till they had been in about 10 days then got them jabbed so it was probably early april when they were done & in the past they havent come back in ...

Well i have a vac hob who brought my jills out of season bout a month a go last week another one came in to season again.he duly done his duty again and now i noticed today another jill with a bit swelling.so dont what you mean its a fault in the jill :hmm: .id say it was normal.

read the first post mate your jills will come back into season and is normal if using a vas hob but the guy asking about one that had 3 kits coming back into season.

I've had jills with small litters (4 or less) come in heat when the kits were about a week old on two separate occasions. Both times I tried to false the jill about her 10th day and both times she made it clear to the hob that he was dead if he so much as laid a paw on her. Their vulvas started shrinking a few hours later. The milk production was not affected at any time, and both jills continued to nurse their kits through 6 weeks or so.