jill back in season!!

Guest alcapone

Guest alcapone

Right lads just a quick question,my jill had 3 young and they are a week old now,but she has come back on use. Anyone come across this? ive had ferrets on and off over the years and only bred a few litters,wasnt aware they would come on use again in the same year!! Anyone else had this?

this is a fault within the jill mate you have got to now either breed her with a vas hob or get her the jill jab, failing this she will stop producing milk to feed her kits and all 3 of them will more than likley die.

Guest alcapone

this is a fault within the jill mate you have got to now either breed her with a vas hob or get her the jill jab, failing this she will stop producing milk to feed her kits and all 3 of them will more than likley die.

Fault? Can you explain anymore please?

How soon will she dry up of milk?

Just to clear up the facts before im shot down.

If the jill gives birth to a small number of kits, i.e four or fewer, then she likley to return to oestrus about two to three weeks after the birth of the litter. if the jill does come back into season,she should be mated immediately; if she is not, the raised levels of oestroegen in the jill will inhibet lactation (i.e milk production)this causing potential fatal problems for the kits in the litter and even the mother.

Guest alcapone

Thanks for the advice,ive got a vac hob coming friday to sort it. I wonder how many kits or/and jills have died for no aparent reason and this being the cause? many thanks again lads.

• 2 weeks later...

when a jill comes back in season just after having kits do nyou have to breed her to a vasc. hob or can you just breed her to a normal hob that has everything in tack

Why would you want her to have a second litter .. that will near enough finnish her off ...

Well i have a vac hob who brought my jills out of season bout a month a go last week another one came in to season again.he duly done his duty again and now i noticed today another jill with a bit swelling.so dont what you mean its a fault in the jill :hmm: .id say it was normal.

when a jill comes back in season just after having kits do nyou have to breed her to a vasc. hob or can you just breed her to a normal hob that has everything in tack

Why would you want her to have a second litter .. that will near enough finnish her off ...

its not my ferret Kay my jill had 11 kits and isnt back in season,i was asked to find out as much i could about her coming back in season so early after having 3 kits