i went to florida two years ago and i had to try some of thier bass fishing after the deal they make out of it. i went and i swear to god it was amazing ! you will never find a fish that fights pound for pound and the hit when they hit the line is unreal, so why isnt there any in britain because france and spain have stocked them, i know they are a highly predatory fish but pike are worse so i dont see why, anyone got any veiws on the thread ?

They do look like a good fish to catch but i think there better off staying where they are,a canal by me has been taken over by ZANDER and the SILVER'S are no where to be seen so FUCCKNOSE what would happen if the BASS HAD LANDED :icon_eek:

never caught a zander,dont have them around me :cry: never caught a cat fish either :cry:

They do look like a good fish to catch but i think there better off staying where they are,a canal by me has been taken over by ZANDER and the SILVER'S are no where to be seen so FUCCKNOSE what would happen if the BASS HAD LANDED :icon_eek:

never caught a zander,dont have them around me :cry: never caught a cat fish either :cry:

Ive caught a few ZANDER up to 10lb :) once you catch the one cast again in the same place and you will have another one :thumbs: DEAD BAIT are good DYED RED ROACH by me,

And the CATFISH ive never seen or caught one :no: not my cuppa tea.

as a matter of interest,which water are you catching the zander? the only reason i ask is because in the past ive noticed you fish a water i fish ;) PM if you prefer :thumbs:

well the sport out of a bass is unbelievable, they are such a strong fish too i thought they would be slugs the way they are built but they will kick a salmon and carps arse and they take they give is amazing rips the rod out of your hand :p and yet they feel the same as a perch to so im guessing they are in the same family of them :)

well the sport out of a bass is unbelievable, they are such a strong fish too i thought they would be slugs the way they are built but they will kick a salmon and carps arse and they take they give is amazing rips the rod out of your hand :p and yet they feel the same as a perch to so im guessing they are in the same family of them :)

They are in the sunfish family....like bluegill, pumpkin seeds and others.

Glad you had fun.

As far as catfish, my favorite way by far is by hand...

Ive caught a few ZANDER up to 10lb :) once you catch the one cast again in the same place and you will have another one :thumbs: DEAD BAIT are good DYED RED ROACH by me,

And the CATFISH ive never seen or caught one :no: not my cuppa tea.

as a matter of interest,which water are you catching the zander? the only reason i ask is because in the past ive noticed you fish a water i fish ;) PM if you prefer :thumbs:

Earth did you get the PM?

yes i did mate.ive told you before im not like that,im straight.no matter what you offer,i wont let you do it to me :icon_eek::laugh:

well the sport out of a bass is unbelievable, they are such a strong fish too i thought they would be slugs the way they are built but they will kick a salmon and carps arse and they take they give is amazing rips the rod out of your hand :p and yet they feel the same as a perch to so im guessing they are in the same family of them smile.gif

Glad you had fun.

Your seriously nuts. Catfish are good eating. We used to run trot lines for them in texas.Them and soft shell turtles that is. Bass are o.k. on the line. But, nothing beats a spring steelhead.

ATB

well the sport out of a bass is unbelievable, they are such a strong fish too i thought they would be slugs the way they are built but they will kick a salmon and carps arse and they take they give is amazing rips the rod out of your hand :p and yet they feel the same as a perch to so im guessing they are in the same family of them smile.gif

Glad you had fun.

Your seriously nuts. Catfish are good eating. We used to run trot lines for them in texas.Them and soft shell turtles that is. Bass are o.k. on the line. But, nothing beats a spring steelhead.

ATB

You colonials want to come over here and try to catch a real Bass... :whistling::clapper::laugh:

sea-bass2.jpg

Picture sourced via Google images.

Sea bass are a completely different family, found all round the uk, run to 14lbs or so, mostly smaller. brilliant eating, good sport.

It is illegal to stock any non native species into uk waters-look at signal crays. I suspect they could survive in some southern fisheries where it is warmer, but I would prefer to stick with what we have got