Working Beardie Collies

I added a photo to another topic recently of my working beardie laddie,someone pm me to start a topic on working beardies,

We now own and work Two full working beardies and a son to one of them crossed with a Jack russell accidental mating,however he has turned out to be a usefull tool.

We own and work Beardies and border collies the beardies however offer a different range of skills to the border,these are as follows.

Our beardies have tremendous scenting ability and have found single lambs in dense woodland

Border collies have a lot of what you call set the tend to stalk like a cat beardie go full on into anything rams cattle Yews with lambs to move them on ours are fearless.

Even though they have a fair coat they have a good stamina

post-5621-127282564901_thumb.jpg

This is Laddie a full beardie his father worked until he was fourteen

post-5621-127282572833.jpg

This is Tank his son in his first Year but boy is he full of work and plenty of guts

the best lurcher I've owned up to now I bought in 1982,it was a first cross beardie/greyhound sire,over a saluki/greyhound dam,the two pups I bought were for me and my mates lad,I got them both for 20 quid and both were exceptional bitches,I think beardie crosses think a bit different than border crosses and that coat they bring makes them bulletproof with wire and cover,both bitches were worked hard on all quarry and were decent dogs to work with terrier's,never let me down in some good company on the coursing field,probably the best all round dog I've owned,atb,wirralman

I had a 3/4 beardie/border collie 1/4 greyhound dog and a half bred beardie x greyhound bitch when I lived in Cumbria in the early 90s. The bitch had a very strong hunting instinct whereas the dog was much more easy going.

I agree completely with the comments about the coat. On one occasion the male walked between a fence and a trailing piece of barbed wire which had come loose and was hanging from it. His coat became snagged on the trailing wire but, while I was on my way down through the wooded slope to free him, he simply gave a grunt and tugged himself free. There wasn't a mark on him and all that was left behind was a tuft of blue hair on the barbs.

I added a photo to another topic recently of my working beardie laddie,someone pm me to start a topic on working beardies,

We now own and work Two full working beardies and a son to one of them crossed with a Jack russell accidental mating,however he has turned out to be a usefull tool.

We own and work Beardies and border collies the beardies however offer a different range of skills to the border,these are as follows.

Our beardies have tremendous scenting ability and have found single lambs in dense woodland

Border collies have a lot of what you call set the tend to stalk like a cat beardie go full on into anything rams cattle Yews with lambs to move them on ours are fearless.

Even though they have a fair coat they have a good stamina

post-5621-127282564901_thumb.jpg

This is Laddie a full beardie his father worked until he was fourteen

post-5621-127282572833.jpg

This is Tank his son in his first Year but boy is he full of work and plenty of guts

Cracking looking dogs them mate, you got any more pics ov your beardies? ,,,,taff