BIG decision made blacky lined at last

First I'd like to thank Jim/Snipe and markbrick/Blue/Whisky and Whin for their kind offers of some top working lurchers to go with Blacky. Big thank you lads to all three of you.

I decided to go with Bertie, a first cross whippet greyhound of 24in who is owned by a real nice guy from Ayrshire. This dog is well-tested over several seasons. The guy was 100% genuine, no bull-shit, even let me take the dog from his garden whilst he was in work, up to the field to do the second mating. Dog seemed to have a lovely nature too.

Just wondered what you lads on here think of my final decision to go with this stud? I think they will produce the kind of pups that I'll need for the ground I run. Under no circumstances was deciding to stay in Scotland for the dog an easy option, as I travelled a total of 32 hours round trips with no breaks LOL to make sure I got the job done. Lets hear what you guys think. This is about a pup for myself and a few close friends, not an advertisement for pups.

f_wuhid8jvmhm_1c104d5.jpg

f_wuhid8jvmmm_d64984f.jpg

f_wuhid8jvmnm_5fc0539.jpg

f_wuhid8jvnhm_3358ef8.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how many times did you get out see the dog work dave?

same thing happening to others on here.unfortunately they are not tims.lol and aye you are ,your aulder than me,thats auld

i don't post anything now because all that happen's is the post get's ruined buy people bitching about dog's when the sportis under enough pressure and we should stick together

hope the litter works out and they have good feet mate i had agrew and gave her away cause of feet probs maybe youll get lucky all the best localy on the big arable land they test a dog no feet no game ,

good luck with your future litter mate,keep us posted how many pups,you've then got the hard job of picking a pup out for yourself,I used to find I had as much chance letting the kids pick one out,LOL,nice deep chest on the dog,I hope the pup you pick does well for you,atb,wirralman

hope the litter works out and they have good feet mate i had agrew and gave her away cause of feet probs maybe youll get lucky all the best localy on the big arable land they test a dog no feet no game ,

you will see it first hand [bANNED TEXT] you get you ares up here mate ill bring my wee pup to the big land on the hared stubbl and have the crack and show you it wont be a loud of pish lol

atb

david

Guest fence_hopper

sadly living in the northpoll we never got the nights out as the snow mest it up mate so had to take the guy at his word.

atb

david

did you see some hunting pics?

good luck with your future litter mate,keep us posted how many pups,you've then got the hard job of picking a pup out for yourself,I used to find I had as much chance letting the kids pick one out,LOL,nice deep chest on the dog,I hope the pup you pick does well for you,atb,wirralman

cheers countryman it will be fun trying to picing a pup

atb

david

sadly living in the northpoll we never got the nights out as the snow mest it up mate so had to take the guy at his word.

atb

david

did you see some hunting pics?

no mate. all pics are not what thay seem unles thay are mine lol

david

Guest fence_hopper

well you dont know if you picked the write dog imo, you'd most probably of got the same thing on your door step imo but still hope it works for you might be a lucky chance you have taken :thumbs:

believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.

Edited by fence_hopper

well you dont know if you picked the write dog imo, you'd most probably of got the same thing on your door step imo but still hope it works for you might be a lucky chance you have taken :thumbs:

believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.

luck as nout to do with it mate the pups will have every chance in the worled to shine pics are nice to see and for one i love them nothing like looking at your pals hunting dogs with bags of bunnys.i put this post on so you all could have a look and your say i take on bored what you say mate.

atb

david

Guest fence_hopper

not slating you dave luck doe's come into to it, not every pup will make a world beater. we know the dams a good bitch, but not every stud will produce quality pups. just my opinion like you asked urs for. i'm less easily pleased mate and if i had a good bitch like blacky i'd be making sure i put as good as a dog over her and for that i'd have to see him work or a album of hunting trips. everyones different mate :thumbs: