Disappointed by Hare Chases

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Worlds worst can be new type travellers. Running about in spanking transits they would rather sling a dog than risk getting the motor confiscated. Kennels at carlisle are full of running dogs.   I

You run a dog on a hare in the UK you are a criminal. Now what do you do if running hares is in your blood? You break the law intentionally. If it comes on top you got to do your best to not get nicke

I know some members on here find me amusing- some others who know me a bit more know that dogs are my priority and as long as they are looked after, fed have warm beds & not beaten sh*t out of I h

All i'm saying is if you replace the word pikeys with scottish i think it would have offended alot of people are the scots not a race

If I replaced the word p***y with Scots, then it would not be factually correct...

And if you look back I have replaced the word.

Your far too quick to pull the race card and the woe is me when there is no need. Sort yourselves out and it wont be an issue.

FTB

its the silly gover ment with draconain laws like in the robin hood days that make people leave an animal at the seen of a crime i think ,if they didnt take dogs of you i think they wouldnt leave them if you daylite chase a lot well you have got to be prepared and well thought out plan b believe me,this country we live in the gover,ent is ashower of b*****ds at times tryiny to take peoles dogs even in thatchers regime the polics gave you a slap or two but never took your pet car or anything else attimes pure b*****ds , if you go anbout it sensible you can slip through the net at times ,but its always in the back of the mind the draconian labour fechers ,to me its real bad, i wonder if the b*****ds who made the laws if you stole piosoned there dogs etc or kidnapped them i wonder if they would be all happy wankers ,

a smooth coated bitch was found in a field with a broken leg......

FOUND WITH NO OWNER

possibly ran away and had an accident

possibly dumped for not being a good worker

possibly dumped cos it had a broken leg and owner couldnt afford vets

possibly left by a p***y-c**t cos it was a shitter

possibly ran away from a local chinky who tried to kill it for his house special

possibly left by a scotch-c**t cos he was high on heroin and tennant's super

possibly

possibly

possibly

BUT WE'L NEVER KNOW FOR SURE............... WILL WE :big_boss: :big_boss:

• Like 1

a smooth coated bitch was found in a field with a broken leg......

FOUND WITH NO OWNER

possibly ran away and had an accident

possibly dumped for not being a good worker

possibly dumped cos it had a broken leg and owner couldnt afford vets

possibly left by a p***y-c**t cos it was a shitter

possibly ran away from a local chinky who tried to kill it for his house special

possibly left by a scotch-c**t cos he was high on heroin and tennant's super

possibly

possibly

possibly

BUT WE'L NEVER KNOW FOR SURE............... WILL WE :big_boss: :big_boss:

Its more likely to be special brew or white lightning to be fair mate. Tennants super is a bit upper-middle class... :whistling:

FTB

Worlds worst can be new type travellers. Running about in spanking transits they would rather sling a dog than risk getting the motor confiscated.

Kennels at carlisle are full of running dogs.

I wouldnt tar them all with the same brush and it happens in all walks of life. Im sure Tracy will agre it is a tiny minority that would do such a callous thing. :thum When I was younger The worst people I knew of who regularly left dogs were not travelllers

Edited by rob.i

Kennels at carlisle are full of running dogs.

I wouldnt tar them all with the same brush and it happens in all walks of life. Im sure Tracy will agre it is a tiny minority that would do such a callous thing. :thum When I was younger The worst people I knew of who regularly left dogs were not travelllers

My point exactly - although if you use them as a proportion of the British population (very small minority) then it goes up considerably.

A good friend of mine is an ex-traveller (now has house and company etc) says it is very common practice to bail the dogs out if they get in bother. Not something I would ever consider doing, no matter how much bother I was in.

Still cant be concluded if tracys dog was a running dog, and you will never know its just speculation.

FTB

why don't we ask the dog oh thats right they murdered it over a broken leg but it don't matter cause its probably a stolen dog that no one will claim any how( ah i know we'll just blame them lot ) instead of fixing its leg ,the only thing i agree with you on is the fact know f****r knows what happened and now we all wish we did so we could have another round pointing fingers haha

I dont know ifs its the same with other working dogs(gun dogs....etc) but just look at the amount of young dogs for sale on the sites lurchers, that most are under 12months old. :wallbash: .Feck me young dogs still pups, in this game its said but true, that people just look at the dogs as a tool.And most people (expectations)of there dogs are unreal :yes: there are dogs not a feckin machine :wallbash: .So if they dont make a grade (there) grade or it get hurt they dump them :wallbash: .They should have the balls to rehome it or put it down.? Some times its hard to stay in this game. :yes:

your right bird people don't put the time into there dogs just buy them and expect them to be the best at everything i've had bets with people in the past that i can turn there so called shit dog into a worker it takes time and trust but it can be done i feel its people thats the problem not the dogs

I dont know ifs its the same with other working dogs(gun dogs....etc) but just look at the amount of young dogs for sale on the sites lurchers, that most are under 12months old. :wallbash: .Feck me young dogs still pups, in this game its said but true, that people just look at the dogs as a tool.And most people (expectations)of there dogs are unreal :yes: there are dogs not a feckin machine :wallbash: .So if they dont make a grade (there) grade or it get hurt they dump them :wallbash: .They should have the balls to rehome it or put it down.? Some times its hard to stay in this game. :yes:

Made ever more harder by the feckin idiots it attracts...

FTB

I dont know ifs its the same with other working dogs(gun dogs....etc) but just look at the amount of young dogs for sale on the sites lurchers, that most are under 12months old. wallbash.gif .Feck me young dogs still pups, in this game its said but true, that people just look at the dogs as a tool.And most people (expectations)of there dogs are unreal yes.gif there are dogs not a feckin machine wallbash.gif .So if they dont make a grade (there) grade or it get hurt they dump them wallbash.gif .They should have the balls to rehome it or put it down.? Some times its hard to stay in this game. yes.gif

Made ever more harder by the feckin idiots it attracts...

FTB

yea for sure

Chill a bit peeps- I didnt post this to start a war.

Lets just say being involved in dog rescue I get to know a lot more than what I post. I know it was out coursing - it was underweight bones prominant, exhausted & a busted leg. The extent of the damage wasnt known at first. There were police involved & chased. This is happening all over the country & yes its bloody stupid that overgrown bunnies warrant this level of police activity. I think people have forgotton than man has always hunted -be it for food or the hell of it & no-one has a right to dictate any different.

(That said I dont agree with dog fighting- barbaric & totally needless, fox hunting- whoever disagrees with it has never seen the carnage one fox causes for fun)

My only assumption is it was a probable stolen dog - one for where it was been run & secondly the condition I was told it was in.

I never slandered any particular group - there are some damn good working dog people, pikeys, gypos and whatever other phrases people want to use. We do have some that help Doglost - because we have helped them with there own dogs. There's also the tossers that give all the groups a bad reputation.

The reason I made the post is because I was mad that if some one hadnt found that dog- it would have starved. From what I was told - it was too exhausted to even stand, it was 'scrawny' and the leg was just hanging.

I know its getting difficult but how many of you guys lately have taken crap & not left your dogs?? A few - we've all seen the posts on here.

Or if you have to leave your dogs- get some one out to look for them- they deserve that much.

Wont be first time some one gone out with one dog & come back with two. I normally do every time I go to vets- always find something straying in park at back of vets.

Have to agree with TracyB. I work with a lurcher rescue and to be honest, the dogs that come to us in the worst condition are the obvious "workers" or at least those that seem to have been trialled and found wanting.

This is of course in no way suggesting that there aren't also "pet" lurcher owners who also discard their dogs or treat them wrongly; but they rarely come in quite so "broken" as the "workers" do.

We had one dog thrown, yelping, over a six foot fence into a garden (witnessed by the owner of the house, who took it to a vet and then contacted us). It had a badly broken leg already and the fall did it no good at all. If that isn't a careless (in the true sense of the word) dumping I don't know what is.

Or there was the Saluki cross found curled up on a pile of manure in a wheelbarrow at a riding stables (because it was warm I guess). Extremely thin, mangy and with cigarette burns everywhere.

There are LOADS like these two. A lot of dogs that come in are "found straying", some injured, most badly underweight, in a triangle of land nearby which is the only place with hares for some distance around.

None of them are ever chipped or tagged but most have a collar. We look on DogLost and the other places for lost and found dogs and none ever seem to be reported missing.

I don't think it matters WHO gets their dogs into this state or WHY they feel they have to just dispose of them like rubbish. But I do think it matters that it happens, and that it really ought to stop.

its the silly gover ment with draconain laws like in the robin hood days that make people leave an animal at the seen of a crime i think ,if they didnt take dogs of you i think they wouldnt leave them if you daylite chase a lot well you have got to be prepared and well thought out plan b believe me,this country we live in the gover,ent is ashower of b*****ds at times tryiny to take peoles dogs even in thatchers regime the polics gave you a slap or two but never took your pet car or anything else attimes pure b*****ds , if you go anbout it sensible you can slip through the net at times ,but its always in the back of the mind the draconian labour fechers ,to me its real bad, i wonder if the b*****ds who made the laws if you stole piosoned there dogs etc or kidnapped them i wonder if they would be all happy wankers ,

What a complete load of shite!!!

No-one makes anybody leave their dog. If I set out thinking I would rather leave my dog than either get caught or have my dog taken from me, then I wouldn't go out.

I stray across boundaries like anyone else :icon_redface: , but I never once think that I might leave my dog, never!!

Edited by tdavepat
  • Like 1