old english sheep dog

Like the beardie collie unless it was working to sheep or cattle I would not entertain it,I personally have never seen one working,they probably have done in the past???? Is anyone still working them now.

Our beardie look and are nothing like show beardies and they probably would make a good cross,lots of good attributes fearless highly trainable very agile surprisingly quick.post-5621-127274497952_thumb.jpg

smart looking beardie

how many have you got there,cant remember if it was 3/4 when i picked socks up from you.

i dont know about a lurcher x but we had an old english when we were kids and he came everywhere with me until he had to be put down at 12 he was a very good friend and very loyal,he saved me twice from other dogs once from a loose gsd at the bottom of are street which had me and my sister pinned against a wall, i was 8 she was 6 and were on the way back from the shop at the end of are street anyway he must of heard the gsd barking or us screaming and he came down the street laid straight into the gsd which seemed huge to a 8 year old and he just nailed it ,all i can remember is looking back to see the gsd on floor with blood everywhere and my dog standing over him until i called him funnily enough that gsd never bothered any of the kids in street again. The second time i was playing in the front porch with one of those all glass front doors in the 70s and a black lab smashed threw the glass my mum was screaming there was glass everywhere and this lab in the house our dog came from the back yard and saw him off , i still miss him he was my best friend and excellent with us kids , he could run he used to chase after us when we were on are motorbikes and seemed to have plenty stamina , sorry if i've gone on but just trying to give insight to the dog that had a part in making me person i am today cheers

all i can say mate is its good to have memories :thumbs:

Like the beardie collie unless it was working to sheep or cattle I would not entertain it,I personally have never seen one working,they probably have done in the past???? Is anyone still working them now.

Our beardie look and are nothing like show beardies and they probably would make a good cross,lots of good attributes fearless highly trainable very agile surprisingly quick.post-5621-127274497952_thumb.jpg

smart looking beardie

how many have you got there,cant remember if it was 3/4 when i picked socks up from you.

No they are both lined bred full working bearded collies I have his son who is accidental mating Jack russell cross,what a worker :notworthy:

When we were young lads about 30 yrs ago,we used to go out a lot with an old boy who had one of these crosses,ran with another dog on daytime hares

she had one hell of a catch rate,not quite fast enough on her own,running her on the lamp she was deadly,and plenty of stamina

smart looking beardie

No they are both lined bred full working bearded collies I have his son who is accidental mating Jack russell cross,what a worker :notworthy:

ta i read your thread i meant 3 or 4 dogs lol

went out regular with one 30 odd year ago,while he lasted he took some beating,but he put that much in to each run,after around 15 20 runs he was finshed, it did not matter how knackered he was he would never sit down on the way home he would have his head against the window looking into the lights,he was only run on the big stuff.he was owned by a man called Ray Percy who had his photo taken at one of the shows and the picture is in one of the old books ps the dogs name was blue

15/20 runs on the big stuff,not suprised it was knackered lol,sorry mate,i know what your saying though,thanks for that,im still trying for a pic from somewhere,just out of interest really :thumbs: prob not to different from the beardie x i guess

went out regular with one 30 odd year ago,while he lasted he took some beating,but he put that much in to each run,after around 15 20 runs he was finshed, it did not matter how knackered he was he would never sit down on the way home he would have his head against the window looking into the lights,he was only run on the big stuff.he was owned by a man called Ray Percy who had his photo taken at one of the shows and the picture is in one of the old books ps the dogs name was blue

15/20 runs on the big stuff,not suprised it was knackered lol,sorry mate,i know what your saying though,thanks for that,im still trying for a pic from somewhere,just out of interest really :thumbs: prob not to different from the beardie x i guess

he probably only had about 3 or 4 good runs,but in them days if the stuff was there you would keep trying your dog,i never counted the runs but i know it was not many,if you have done it your self your know what i mean

:thumbs: