springer spanial (worker / non worker)

Depends on the lines its from, what do you mean by non working ? Id avoid any time of show spaniel, but a mate of mine has a springer bitch that is just a pet but is from working parents. I would have a pup off him as she is very obedient and hunts very well, she also puts up wild birds when out on walks so even though she is "non working" she is a good worker lol!

hi bigthug87,

thanks for your veiws,when i say (non working)i mean someones pet that proberly hasnt come from a working back ground,

thanks TL

To be honest with you mate I would try to avoid a pup like that! Although it is probally possible to train a pup like that you'd be so much better off with a worker, What if it doesnt go the way you want it to, and then you end up with a dog the family are all attached to, either you'll have to get rid of it to get one that will work as you want or end up with 2 dogs. Just save up for a bit longer and get the right dog for the job :)

hi,

if you were to buy a puppy springer from a non working parent,could it be trained to be a good gundog?

as when you see a pup for sale from working parents they are a mega price to buy!!

any advice would be great.

thanks TL

i got a springer x hes 13 years old had no papers and mum and dad did not work and i got to say he's the best dog ive ever had.Its not always the dog if you know what your doing your half way there the best thing is to show the dog love and care from a young age.I got a spaniel who is 5 months old and her mum and dad works but i got to say she's a bit of a pain in the a##. Myself i think its in them any way no matter if they have workig parents or not. I think if you wait untill the summer there should be alot more pup's for sale so i think the prices should be lower.

Hope this helps HAPPY HUNTING MARC

hi,

if you were to buy a puppy springer from a non working parent,could it be trained to be a good gundog?

as when you see a pup for sale from working parents they are a mega price to buy!!

any advice would be great.

thanks TL

i got a springer x hes 13 years old had no papers and mum and dad did not work and i got to say he's the best dog ive ever had.Its not always the dog if you know what your doing your half way there the best thing is to show the dog love and care from a young age.I got a spaniel who is 5 months old and her mum and dad works but i got to say she's a bit of a pain in the a##. Myself i think its in them any way no matter if they have workig parents or not. I think if you wait untill the summer there should be alot more pup's for sale so i think the prices should be lower.

Hope this helps HAPPY HUNTING MARC

SPOT ON THERE MATE. NOT ABOUT WHAT THERE OUT OF ITS HOW YOU TRAIN THEM.SUM ARE GOOD AND BAD OUT OF WORKING LINES AND ITS THE SAME FOR THE NONE WORKING LINES.

thanks for your replys guys, its nice to know that you could possibly get a good

worker from non working parents,

how much would i exspect to pay for a pup from the non working parents?

TL

I sold mine for £200 last year i think they go for about £200 up to about £300 but you also can get a k.c reg one for about the same price but like i said wait until the summer and there will be alot more about.If not try www.tradeit.co.uk there's always some good pup and loder dogs on there HAPPY HUNTING MARC

There will always be people who have some sort of bitza or non working bred dog that is good. But then there are plenty that are very average (plenty of dogs with good breeding that are average too mind) and even more that would never even approach doing the job, including those that are never tried

If you buy worker to worker then it is more likely that you will get a dog that does the job you want.

That said there are a good number of 'quality' animals out there who have never been worked and they will throw good pups.

For my money i would prefer to pay a bit more initially and then know that the dog has work in it and any failing is down to me than save a bit initially and then have to keep a 'dud' for the next 13 years on top of potentially buying the dog i should ahve in the first place.

AVOID THE SHOW STUFF LIKE THE PLAGUE after that you pay your money and take your choice