Sealyhams. Anyone working them?

I have been a fan of sealyhams for many years, but never got around to owning or working one. I wonder if there are any lads working them or crosses today, not the Sporting Lucas Terrier, not that I am decrying the S.L.T. Please can we see some photos of these brilliant little terriers.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL STABS ,   I DUG TO A FEW DOGS FROM THAT AREA ..... NEVER SAW A BAD UN ........ PPs JASPER , I THINK I REMEMBER HAVING SEEN HIM AT THE OLD QUARRY ABOVE ELDON BRICKWORKS .... THOUGH THERE

Well give them to your mates then! Don't get rid of the lot in a moment of anger.   You will regret it once your back on your feet.   FTB

Posted Images

I have been a fan of sealyhams for many years, but never got around to owning or working one. I wonder if there are any lads working them or crosses today, not the Sporting Lucas Terrier, not that I am decrying the S.L.T. Please can we see some photos of these brilliant little terriers.

Have a look at mysealyhams.com

I know lads who have kept sealyhams for years, but they are struggling to keep bloodlines going, outcrossing to russel/sealyham types now and then (DABBER, that one looks like a russel blooded sealyham to me?)

I hope the breed survives as a digging dog, as the ones ive seen have been decent dogs by any standards.

I know lads who have kept sealyhams for years, but they are struggling to keep bloodlines going, outcrossing to russel/sealyham types now and then (DABBER, that one looks like a russel blooded sealyham to me?)

I hope the breed survives as a digging dog, as the ones ive seen have been decent dogs by any standards.

CORRECT ABOUT OUTCROSSING AND SOME HAVE STRONG BULL IN THEM THESE LADS SEND SOME TO IRELAND AND VICE VERSA PUP WISE

REGARDS DABBER

i have dug to friends sealyham a good few times and theres not much gets past him hes got a head like a rugby ball and is a large dog.his only downfall is that his front legs are so badly turned in(queen anne) that he cant dig on in tight places.

I have a photo somewhere of a famous dog called "Polo", I will try and sort it out. There was a local lad who bought a small Sealyham or Sealyham/Russell from a Pest Controller from a guy in the Conwy area of North Wales in the early seventies called "Winnie", she was one of the most honest working bitches I have ever had the privelige to see work. She did have the heart of a LION. Wish the were more of them about. I am showing my age now. ATB.