Help needed!

For my two jills its there first time in season, i thought i was doing the correct thing by putting them with a friends old hob, but he has not done the job, i went to the vets tonight because both of my ferrets have lost quite abit of weight due to staying in season so long, he said there too far in season to have the jill jab and that i would need to find a vesectomised hob fast, he also said they are ok now but it wont be long before they start to deteriorate.So i am asking if anyone has a vesectomised hob i could borrow who lives in suffolk i would be very great full if so please post and i will be at your doorstep tommorow, i apologise for my lack of not knowing but i thought i was doing the right thing. I am becoming increasingly worried. They have been in season for two months

Thank you for reading

Zach russell

Edited by zachrussell

Mate you vet knows nowt about ferrets, take it from me i run a rescue get them along to another vet and get them jabbed and they will be fine. using a vas hob is only going to do the same as the jill jab, i have hed jills handed over thet have been in season for double what you saying and the jab works fine every time.

PS....not like a vet to turn money down.

Wullieh is right, the vet knows nowt about ferrets. Especially when he says,-" they are ok now but it wont be long before they start to deteriorate".wallbash.gif

You say you're getting increasingly worried Zach but you've no need to, if your jills where to stay in season they wouldn't be the first nor will they be the last. Just keep them well fed, watered and clean and they'll be fine.thumbs.gif

You say you're getting increasingly worried Zach but you've no need to, if your jills where to stay in season they wouldn't be the first nor will they be the last. Just keep them well fed, watered and clean and they'll be fine.thumbs.gif

This is what i got told when i first started and tbh i dont no anyone around here that has gills spayed or gets jabs. Ive had ferrets about 6 year now and never had a problem. like tote said just keep everythin clean and should be fine. Im sure people will disagree but i wouldnt worry about it too much.