The VOTE

I would like people to put any views forward they are all welcome,yes im voting but will this realy help the lurcher/terrier las/lasses or just make it more difficult and maybe costly? Is it easier now or when/if the ban is lifted?

My view is it will be harder for us as lurcher/terrier lads to do what we love most,reasons for this is i can see every person wanting to be in our sport will be needing a licence(costly knowing our country) not only this but full permission letter(s) etc etc. Im just thinking if people step back and take a look at what we have now its fine lamping fox with rifle dog to retrive,flushing to the gun,and also the use of the terrier within the law using a gun to dispatch of the vermin etc.Now to be fair the ban, therefore has not realy affected me and perhaphs alot of other people are in my shoes too!

I believe it will help registered hunts and make it harder for us(maybe im wrong).

Then i take another step back and im not referring to every hunt but local about 4 hunts or so im talking about, would not vote to help me if i needed there vote(which i beleive it will come to if ban is lifted) they turn there nose at us,we have stacks of land which the hunt runs on and they still believe they have more right than we do,not only us the keepers included! Cut a long rant short im voting but i can copme to terms with my reasons for it!

Cheers.

Guest duggie 123

spot on there mate the red coats cost us are way off life if u ask me. it was us workers they turned to for support and our money. but they treat us like scum [bANNED TEXT] on there horse"s :thumbs: :thumbs: stil aint voting labour tho :clapper:

Cheers lad your making me make up my mind weather to vote or not,truthfully if i dont know why im voting,maybe i shouldn't but on the other hand are all hunts the same!

I also believe lifting the ban wont help many of people i know that run like 6-18 hounds! As only registered hunts this will help!

Fair play to you genuine you cant make your mind up,well IMHO there is only one party offering any hope of a repeal,so they'll get my vote regardless of what else they tax us with :notworthy:

going back to the Ban, when this was going through the very same arguments were spouted that we were just cannon fodder for the hunting brigade :thumbs: lurchers and terrier work was to be the sacrificial lamb for them to keep their sport and what happened the hunts were banned from hunting foxes,deer and hares BUT you can still use terriers to control foxes whilst protecting ground nesting birds :clapper: mad I know but lets wait and see which party gets in no time to be dithering with your Xthe choice is clear if you want a repeal of this ban :yes:

Y.I.S Leeview

I can not vote on one point alone, and really don't want the torys back in power anyway.

For me its a choice between labour and the lib dems, I've always voted lib dem, but might change over to labour this time.

As the lib dems seem to have changed a fair bit recently. I was undecided, but then saw on question time that the lib dems have no intention of changing the hunting act, this on top of other things has turned me away from them

The torys won't help out lurcher men, just their friends on horse back.

And although labour pushed through the hunting ban, I've had it pretty good under labour, i see lots of things as better, so that's prob where my vote will go this time around

Edited by Paid

Paid neither of your choices will ever bring back hunting as we knew it, the conservatives have given us hope of a free vote to repeal this ban,true no govt has ever done anything for lurchers and owners that did nt have permission before pre-ban well nothing will of really changed for them but others with permission will be allowed to run hares again.

The repeal if lifted will return us to pre-ban days not picking out bits that suit their mates :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

Guest wurzil

I can not vote on one point alone, and really don't want the torys back in power anyway.

For me its a choice between labour and the lib dems, I've always voted lib dem, but might change over to labour this time.

As the lib dems seem to have changed a fair bit recently. I was undecided, but then saw on question time that the lib dems have no intention of changing the hunting act, this on top of other things has turned me away from them

The torys won't help out lurcher men, just their friends on horse back.

And although labour pushed through the hunting ban, I've had it pretty good under labour, i see lots of things as better, so that's prob where my vote will go this time around

you see lots of things as better mate? well i feel like im living under a dictatorship and will i fxck vote labour, yis wurzil.

theres only one party to vote for if you want a chance of the ban being repealed,but in the history of this country there have been very few bans of any kind being repealed, i will still take the chance though regarding the ban and vote conservative, what other option have i ????????????????????????????????????????????

cocker

theres only one party to vote for if you want a chance of the ban being repealed,but in the history of this country there have been very few bans of any kind being repealed, i will still take the chance though regarding the ban and vote conservative, what other option have i ????????????????????????????????????????????

cocker

hmmm,maybe not voting at all is an option if todays laws are easier for you as voting may make it more difficult in the long run. :thumbs:

You's are right about mounted packs f*****g it up for yous, lurcher and terrier men weren't the ones who rode about in bright coats blowing horns, they kept themselves to themselves and said nothing, what evidence have anti's ever gotten of 'cruelty' from lurcher men?

todays laws dont make it easier for me from my own personal point of view, landowners round here worry about giving out permission for running longdogs, as rightly or wrongly they fear they may be condoning breaking the law, and if i dont vote then does that not just go in favour of labour, ?? i dont have any respect for any MP least of all gordon brown, who after all is self appointed and wasnt even voted in

Guest wurzil

todays laws dont make it easier for me from my own personal point of view, landowners round here worry about giving out permission for running longdogs, as rightly or wrongly they fear they may be condoning breaking the law, and if i dont vote then does that not just go in favour of labour, ?? i dont have any respect for any MP least of all gordon brown, who after all is self appointed and wasnt even voted in

to right cocker, the fat one eyed cxnt bullied his way to power, i cant stand the fxcking sight of him!!!!