dog jumping out of garden

hi everyone im asking this qustion for a freind that dont have internet

well the problem is that his whippet keeps escaping from his garden he has a fairly big garden the frount has a wall and and the rest afence the front leads on to the road and the rest on to fields the fence and wall are about the same height standard farm fence height i know that lots of people like there dogs to be able to clear fences me included but is there any way he good train the dog to stay in the garden cause if it keeps geting out its going to get hit by a car :thumbs:

If the wall/fence is standard stock-fence height and there's something interesting on the other side of it, I would think it would be very hard to train the dog to stay in the garden; any temptation could turn up, a neighbour's cat appear, a squirrel, or whatever.

I have the same issue with my dog; I don't have a garden myself so it isn't a problem at home but if I visit my folks he jumps their fences easily; a friend has high hedges over the top of stock-fencing and he even looks hard at that in the winter when the hedges are bare and there are rabbits on the other side of it.

I would think it's either raise the fence height (six foot plus), build a run or don't let the whippet into the garden unsupervised...

well the problem is that his whippet keeps escaping from his garden he has a fairly big garden the frount has a wall and and the rest afence the front leads on to the road and the rest on to fields the fence and wall are about the same height standard farm fence height i know that lots of people like there dogs to be able to clear fences me included but is there any way he good train the dog to stay in the garden cause if it keeps geting out its going to get hit by a car thumbs.gif

WHY DONT HE EXTEND THE HEIGHT OF THE WALL AND FENCE?

whistling.gif

hes building the wall up and puting big fence panels round i asked him why he dident do that to start with he said because thourt that it may efect his veiws and because hes owned a whippet before witch dident try to escape but we checked and the veiws dont seem to be afected and a plus is that it stops some one from just poping over the wall and nicking his dog thanks everyone for your help :signthankspin:

well the problem is that his whippet keeps escaping from his garden he has a fairly big garden the frount has a wall and and the rest afence the front leads on to the road and the rest on to fields the fence and wall are about the same height standard farm fence height i know that lots of people like there dogs to be able to clear fences me included but is there any way he good train the dog to stay in the garden cause if it keeps geting out its going to get hit by a car :thumbs:

tell ur mate to higher the fence up mate thats [bANNED TEXT] ive been doing all day my cost a bit but it worth ur dog being safe and now im in middel of building a block built kennel atb mate ...