ideal dog

i will be getting a lurcher soon and would like a few pointers . i would be looking for a dog to work during the day out ferreting,ideally the dog wouldn't be to large as i have 2 cockers at home aswell,i take my little cocker bitch out ferreting with me and she will bush,mark holes and hold a rabbit down in the net but she has no chance of catching any that get away,i have never owned a lurcher before so any advice is greatly appreciated. atbthumbs.gif

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

beddy/whippet x collie/grey best for ferreting, mooching, bushing :big_boss:

I have one mate, bitch, 21 n half tts. Cracking mooching and lamping dog, game for bigger stuff and bright as a button. Will jump anything on command and never been lame once, toucg wood.

get agood colie cross of the guys thatbred god dogs i think warren has alitter he has some in ireland they are tested weekly and are handy little dogs ,pm me he maybe haveon e left i donrt breed collie types often so i donr no any at moment ,good dogs that are worked hard and bred decen tpups are harder to get nowadays ,yet to see a good beddie whippet , saw a three qaurter whippeet beddie and afew half crosses that were good dogs ,but not saw any for a while ,the main thing is ask to see it work or at least one of the parents donr just by any shite ,that bred for a quick buck warren maybe have pups at the moment

saw acouple of beggie greyhounds handy dogs , but not saw many,dont touch anything pedigred make sure they are working stock of peole who work them , try afew pestcontrolers they sometimes have a handy dog ,