Stag hounds

Who would use a proven american staghound for stud if available?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who would use a proven american staghound for stud if available?

• Yes
    • No

i always thought staghound was just gypsy slang for a deerhound cross huntingalltheway but i could be wrong

see thats what i thought at first then had loads of people like on here telling me a working stag hound is better then the deerhound x's but i fought a deerhound x was the stag hound. its confusing thats why wanted it cleared up. looked everywhere especially after my vet telling me he looked like he was a stag hound type just a little shorter. just like how ever much i work him and walk him he wont drop in weight really strong dog like a first x bull/grey with out the head but to me looks like deerhound/grey/whip but width of the bull/x or alsation x on those lines

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think its important to keep a line of good dogs between close friends and people you trust. after all who gives a F**k what other people are running once your own dogs are top notch. Hense the reaso

Never understood needing big fields, just coz the dogs are big!? All my dogs have lamped rabbits, even in junk yards! I like a bigger dog, and mine have caught rabbits everywhere, and my two best dogs

Posted Images

Come on then Dan share the love and send some of your blood(staghound)over :thumbs: We won't feck it up HONEST :whistling:

best thing to do is someone taking their deerhound bitch over for service. that way you see the hound work. cost a lot of time and money though. artificial insemination is another option

i always thought staghound was just gypsy slang for a deerhound cross huntingalltheway but i could be wrong

see thats what i thought at first then had loads of people like on here telling me a working stag hound is better then the deerhound x's but i fought a deerhound x was the stag hound. its confusing thats why wanted it cleared up. looked everywhere especially after my vet telling me he looked like he was a stag hound type just a little shorter. just like how ever much i work him and walk him he wont drop in weight really strong dog like a first x bull/grey with out the head but to me looks like deerhound/grey/whip but width of the bull/x or alsation x on those lines

Take him to the states get him to course a coyote and then you will know if he is a stag. :thumbs:

The problem is that if anybody tried to import a real good staghound over there, it would be impossible. These ass clowns over here would rape ya and send you shit. I know I wouldnt send you any of my good dogs so why would anybody else. You would end up buyin shit dogs from phony ass dog jockeys and then get them over there and realize you took it in the arse and hate the dogs when they should have been culled not shipped to some poor fella across the pond. Just breed workers to workers like some of these boys on here promote and you will have great dogs. The constant breeding of these F1 crosses is not good. It aint no different over there than it is over here. These dumb sumbitches over here are ruining our old school staghound blood by constantly breeding more shit track type dogs into them cause they think it will give them more speed and when their dogs dont get faster they breed more greyhound into them never realizing the dogs have plenty of speed but they aint showin it cause they "DONT WANT TO" catch the critter.

So true that Dan no one will sell a good dog but if I was you I would defo get the EDWARDS line over here bro if ther that good they will hae a impact on a lot of crosses gunsmilie.gif

There is no Edwards line. I did not breed my dogs. I dont take any credit for any of that. I didnt even own my current dogs a year ago. They were handed over to me by a friend. My friend did not even breed them. He takes no credit for that. Good dogs are where you find them, not some magical secret or breeding plan. They just crop up here and there from time to time. Nobody could just wave a wand and recreate my yella dog. We are tryin to just keep what we have between a very small circle but it aint workin. I have wrecked my male dog twice now and one of the top bitches in this country died last night bred to her half brother who was also top notch. Their daddy was one of the greats. We were gonna combine blood of the best of the best. We have bred Stitch to a top notch bitch though a few weeks ago and hopefully in about 5 weeks or so we will be able to say, they are on the ground.

Good luck with this breeding.

There are too many bellends in the dog game in the UK.They are to blame for the abundance of poor quality lurchers about.I bet you all know of some twat that sold on a jacker to be bred from???We could have better dogs here than anywhere else,but we aren`t clinical in our breeding programme and are too soft when culling is required and allow poor quality workers to be passed on when they should have been terminated or neutured.

Take him to the states get him to course a coyote and then you will know if he is a stag. :thumbs:

not to sure how he'd fair but i do know that he loves stuff that fights back he doesnt show as much keen ness on just a rabbit or long ear but if its got teeth or can give something back he goes into over drive. for a young dog hes been bit a fair lot and aint pulled off, if anything getting more and more keener but i dont think theres stag lines in him i think hes just a really strong dog.

Edited by huntingalltheway

There are too many bellends in the dog game in the UK.They are to blame for the abundance of poor quality lurchers about.I bet you all know of some twat that sold on a jacker to be bred from???We could have better dogs here than anywhere else,but we aren`t clinical in our breeding programme and are too soft when culling is required and allow poor quality workers to be passed on when they should have been terminated or neutured.

I think its important to keep a line of good dogs between close friends and people you trust. after all who gives a F**k what other people are running once your own dogs are top notch. Hense the reason I said stag hounds if brought over here to our isles by decent dog men, would have to be kept between a few serious clients that would breed in the correct manner.

• Like 2

not to sure how he'd fair but i do know that he loves stuff that fights back he doesnt show as much keen ness on just a rabbit or long ear but if its got teeth or can give something back he goes into over drive. for a young dog hes been bit a fair lot and aint pulled off, if anything getting more and more keener but i dont think theres stag lines in him i think hes just a really strong dog.

sounds a good one atb with him mate

The problem is that if anybody tried to import a real good staghound over there, it would be impossible. These ass clowns over here would rape ya and send you shit. I know I wouldnt send you any of my good dogs so why would anybody else. You would end up buyin shit dogs from phony ass dog jockeys and then get them over there and realize you took it in the arse and hate the dogs when they should have been culled not shipped to some poor fella across the pond. Just breed workers to workers like some of these boys on here promote and you will have great dogs. The constant breeding of these F1 crosses is not good. It aint no different over there than it is over here. These dumb sumbitches over here are ruining our old school staghound blood by constantly breeding more shit track type dogs into them cause they think it will give them more speed and when their dogs dont get faster they breed more greyhound into them never realizing the dogs have plenty of speed but they aint showin it cause they "DONT WANT TO" catch the critter.

So true that Dan no one will sell a good dog but if I was you I would defo get the EDWARDS line over here bro if ther that good they will hae a impact on a lot of crosses :gunsmilie:

There is no Edwards line. I did not breed my dogs. I dont take any credit for any of that. I didnt even own my current dogs a year ago. They were handed over to me by a friend. My friend did not even breed them. He takes no credit for that. Good dogs are where you find them, not some magical secret or breeding plan. They just crop up here and there from time to time. Nobody could just wave a wand and recreate my yella dog. We are tryin to just keep what we have between a very small circle but it aint workin. I have wrecked my male dog twice now and one of the top bitches in this country died last night bred to her half brother who was also top notch. Their daddy was one of the greats. We were gonna combine blood of the best of the best. We have bred Stitch to a top notch bitch though a few weeks ago and hopefully in about 5 weeks or so we will be able to say, they are on the ground.

I hope you do get them pups on the floor mate good luck with that :)

but as far as a good dog is were you find it, yes thats true but you find a lot more doing the breedings you just mentioned bro

So true that Dan no one will sell a good dog but if I was you I would defo get the EDWARDS line over here bro if ther that good they will hae a impact on a lot of crosses :gunsmilie:

I hope you do get them pups on the floor mate good luck with that :)

but as far as a good dog is were you find it, yes thats true but you find a lot more doing the breedings you just mentioned bro

we have to remember though that there is a much higher turnover of dogs at dans game than ours.

We hope so thats for sure. Thanks for the good luck though.

well dan if you ever have a good old retired stag that has done it all for you, Then you could give him no better reward than to live out his days of retirement servicing working deerhound bitches and lurchers over here in our Islands. :clapper:

you could be the man who saved the working deerhound! Im not implying that you are the type of guy who wants to make History!

p.s working deerhound guys dont take offence this is only talk and Ideas. we know some of you have top notch hounds.

We hope so thats for sure. Thanks for the good luck though.

well dan if you ever have a good old retired stag that has done it all for you, Then you could give him no better reward than to live out his days of retirement servicing working deerhound bitches and lurchers over here in our Islands. :clapper:

you could be the man who saved the working deerhound! Im not implying that you are the type of guy who wants to make History!

p.s working deerhound guys dont take offence this is only talk and Ideas. we know some of you have top notch hounds.

I'd love to see a working deerhound again but I aint the man to be involved but sounds like a good idea to me.