deerhound crosses

Here is a pic of a great staghound. Do you really think we got this type of dog by crossing it to a modern day type deerhound?

No mate, I think you got great dogs like that by breeding the best to the best ! Just as some of us in the UK try the same !! But then again, we haven't the quarry here that you have over there; we just wish we had !!

Cheers.

I know you know the game but just wanted to illustrate for some that read too much bullshit off this net. We didnt breed them pencil necked shit eatin deerhounds to a greyhound to produce these coyote dogs. They bred coyote dog to coyote dog to do so. Like I said, I know you knew but had to just say it cause i here this garbage way too much.

Dan, I didn't want to get into an "I did this...You did that" match, 'cause you would win !! I've ran dogs all over the world, and hunted stuff most people in the UK haven't. I don't know for sure what dogs are in your "Staghounds", but I'll bet my butt they are Greyhound/Deerhound and some local breeds, (long way back!!). I've only ran dogs down Texas way, with good lads, not sure where youre from in the States, but, BY GOD, I'd LOVE to have a day out with you and your dogs !!!

cHEERS.

[/quot

If the grammar and spelling were worse ..............it could be Whin :clapper:

Miles, it not like you to attack people ! If you are jelouse of where I've been or what I've done with dogs, please let us know what your problem is ??

Cheers.

Keep yer hair on C.P.........not an attack.............just a small attempt at humour :D Though i CAN see how being compared to Whine would really upset someone :cry::laugh::laugh:

Keep my hair on !! LOL !! There will have been a few having a guffaw at that !!

No problem, mate :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whin thinks he's the only man to have ever hunted "a few beasties" I'll wait for for a post now that will be illiterate,patronising and

To the great wise one WHIN ...just because you dont know about decent deerhound saturated lurchers doesnt mean they are not out there .....I have a 3/4 deer/grey who is very much past her best at 9 bu

I will take up that challange WHIN and im not far away from you ...I will bring with me a 4 year old 3/8 deerhound x that I know wont let me down and will handle anything you put in front of him anyth

Posted Images

thtas not a bad looking deerhound bitch jigsaw and not to big ,for the job ,still no were in the same mold as them coyote hounds ,for allround work ,years ago we all had colie types woith deerhound through them very popular ,for coursing and general work , ,hardly ever see them nowadays ,be nice to see agod one who does his job agenuine one ,take me back a few decades with a furry coated long dog,

i no there a ban ,thats for sure and in my area well its always been tite on lurcher lads you learn to live with it and be up early or grey dark or late at nite ,if you want a bit sport ,luckly i have alot in walking distance

all im trying to say is the old type dogs are still out there, just not bragged or shown everywhere. Times change and at the moment the market is flooded with saluki x and bull x ive notced the beddy x on the increase in the past 12 months aswell

how long you had lurchers sho8 ,in my part of the world permision is hard to get so you have to wander to enjoy youre sport and the runs to test a dog , what was a lurcher for for a poacher of game nothing changed much just the stakes are higher at times ,now if you are happy with your dog and you think its great thtas god me im always looking for better m either bred or by a pup etc ,as it costs the same to feed a good dog than a not so good dog

im not in the market of buying and selling dogs are you , im a hunter first and foremost and if i saw any dog no matter what it is, do what i consider good ,i would get one breed one ,if it was a genuine article ,the markets flooded maybe with dogs ye your [bANNED TEXT] ,but how many genuine, good dogs ,ive been lucky to see real good dogs work ,and definitly no when a dog isnt that good had afew they were gone after there first season , i read alot here but alot have not got the depth or time to test dogs but they still breed them no matter what ,

ye the market is probaly flooded but with what, an old mate of mines border lad went round several places to get agood pup , he thought it was like the old days easy to geta working dog hewas dissapionted , and we met up he saw dogs that brought him back to maybe thirty years ago in a modern world , but not easy to reproduce at times , there lots of dogs out there but not lots of guys to fo threough the nessasary to test a dog season after season on allround qaurry

Ive had lurchers for 18 years myself BUT my grandad and my great grandad had them so been around them all my life realy. Im pretty sure flint08 has found a better breed Good luck to him but i noticed when he said he had a good breed of lurcher you were strait on his case. As for permission all you can do is ask, with your rep as a dog man surley you should have most of the country

i have a traveling ticket , nothing wrong with flints dogs but there only young ,and got a few seasons to go and a few years on allsorts of land to be tested as good dogs and worth , and what has flint got to do with it mate im having a conversaition with you , now he went to my old mate to breed his bitch , who comes up for a run with me once in a while ,some of my dogs came from that area 20 years ago or should i say seventeen ,people put pics up of dogs breed dogs without testing them to see what faults they have and if they have any thats what dog breeding is about , not a money making scheme, not in my eyes ,i run the dogs hard and if they last a few good seasons there worth keeping and if bred [bANNED TEXT] they are worth keeping apup or two back, maybe peole just see dogs as amoney ticket do you sho8 i dont , there to provide the dinner etc alaways will

Ive had lurchers for 18 years myself BUT my grandad and my great grandad had them so been around them all my life realy. Im pretty sure flint08 has found a better breed Good luck to him but i noticed when he said he had a good breed of lurcher you were strait on his case. As for permission all you can do is ask, with your rep as a dog man surley you should have most of the country

Most of the country :no: The all seeing all knowing Whin has most of the world :laugh:

jonny what your a spects on dog breeding and testing dogs , ye im lucky i have traveld, but worked for my money to travel , and took several out in my time , whats your thoughts of it all people just breeding for a buck without realy testing dogs , to make sure they have the nessasary breeding qaulities , you see tons of pups getting bred but alot are young to young to breed as they havent had a enough seasons to be classed as expierence dogs , its alrite having a crack but good to talk about serous dog stuff

I can see where this is going,why i said flint08 is because he has a new breed of lurcher and he tests them, he took a gamble and its paid off for him. like all lurcher they need to be tested im sure. how can you say that the first bull x had been tested putting a bull terier to a track gh? people will sell dogs as i cant see many people keeping a litter of 11 back, they may give a few away but they will sell a few aswell. Thats life nowadays im afraid

jonny what your a spects on dog breeding and testing dogs , ye im lucky i have traveld, but worked for my money to travel , and took several out in my time , whats your thoughts of it all people just breeding for a buck without realy testing dogs , to make sure they have the nessasary breeding qaulities , you see tons of pups getting bred but alot are young to young to breed as they havent had a enough seasons to be classed as expierence dogs , its alrite having a crack but good to talk about serous dog stuff

yes i agree its good to talk about serious dog stuff :yes: So when you going to start :thumbs: I dont believe in breeding for greed but people do its just the world we live in now...As for testing dogs if it was possible get them out on their chosen game as much as possible,though in this current climate it aint easy.But i suppose if you want it enough you'll find a way :yes: