When are these gamefair promoters going to realise that people are now keeping away from these events . Silly gate prices , to walk around a glorified car boot , extortionate food prices , and as for lurcher and terrier owners , we have to pay in , then pay again to show or race your dog , and this is part of the show for non dog owners to watch !!! .Then , certain show organisers refuse to even have a docked terrier near the ring , which seems to me to say , working dogs , do we really want them ? Ive nothing against people wanting to show their dogs but lets give the small hunt shows our money , not some promoter to buy his next Range Rover .

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When are these gamefair promoters going to realise that people are now keeping away from these events . Silly gate prices , to walk around a glorified car boot , extortionate food prices , and as for lurcher and terrier owners , we have to pay in , then pay again to show or race your dog , and this is part of the show for non dog owners to watch !!! .Then , certain show organisers refuse to even have a docked terrier near the ring , which seems to me to say , working dogs , do we really want them ? Ive nothing against people wanting to show their dogs but lets give the small hunt shows our money , not some promoter to buy his next Range Rover .

WELL SAID, SIMPLY ONLY GO TO SHOWS RUN BY TERRIER AND LURCHER

CLUBS OR HUNT SHOWS ALTHOUGH THEIR ARE FEW GAME FAIRS

WORTH ATTENDING WITH TERRIER AND LURCHES

THE NORTH WALES BASC BEING ONE OF THE :thumbs:

i agree we went to kelmarsh and was not happy at all i like my shows it gets my dogs out while season is out a dog won help for heros and then went in the puppy class and never won now [bANNED TEXT] a dog beats all those dogs and then doesent win his class i think that the judges dont no wat there doin i no one dog has won or been placed and got reserve every time out and never got a tap wat a farse

i agree we went to kelmarsh and was not happy at all i like my shows it gets my dogs out while season is out a dog won help for heros and then went in the puppy class and never won now [bANNED TEXT] a dog beats all those dogs and then doesent win his class i think that the judges dont no wat there doin i no one dog has won or been placed and got reserve every time out and never got a tap wat a farse

lets just say there should be a fair few workers at my show,the earth variety.just how a working terrier show should be BUT,at the end of the day,the judges decision is final :thumbs:

OK the LAW states that docked dogs cannot be shown if there is admission fee charged to get in the show :wallbash: this applies to all shows KC as well.This then lets working dogs be docked and therefore they cannot be shown as they are supposedly bred for work not showing :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

WELL LADS ,

YOU CAN COUNT ON YER FINGERS HOW MANY TIMES IVE BEEN TO SHOWS IN THE LAST 10 YRS ...................

HOWEVER I AGREE WITH THE POSTS ..... IN MY HONEST OPINION I THINK THE SHOWS IVE ATTENDED RAN BY THE SELBY ? LOT ARE THE WORST IVE SEEN

DUCKWING

i emailed the basc last year and had a moan about the gate prices.they did get back to me and said they got to charge the £9 entrance fee to cover their costs.they must have some high cost charging that price and the thousands of people that go they must be making thousands.and all for someone to have a new 4x4.iused to love going to the game fairs but it has just got to expensive for me.if everyone would boycott them they would have to do something but they won't,f**king rip off. :angry::angry::angry:

:clapper: well said. get yourselves to the working lads shows. and save your money or you could use it to help one of the many worthy causes like earths help for hero's :thumbs:

your a gent :notworthy: going to have trip down chap? should be a couple of the moochers boys there,well 3 i know of so far. :drink:

And if you want to support a small show, started purely as a result of me and three friends wanting to do something to support countryside activities after the Hunting Ban, come to Woodham Ferrers & Bicknacre (Essex) on the 17th July! All proceeds to charity.

Sorry to use this as a plug for our show, but I have to agree - £40+ for a family just to walk through the gate is ridiculous - especially as if you've been to one, you've been to them all! The small ones, wherever they are in the country, are always, in my (fairly limited) experience, the best!

Cheers

And if you want to support a small show, started purely as a result of me and three friends wanting to do something to support countryside activities after the Hunting Ban, come to Woodham Ferrers & Bicknacre (Essex) on the 17th July! All proceeds to charity.

Sorry to use this as a plug for our show, but I have to agree - £40+ for a family just to walk through the gate is ridiculous - especially as if you've been to one, you've been to them all! The small ones, wherever they are in the country, are always, in my (fairly limited) experience, the best!

Cheers

well done and good luck !

:clapper: well said. get yourselves to the working lads shows. and save your money or you could use it to help one of the many worthy causes like earths help for hero's :thumbs:

your a gent :notworthy: going to have trip down chap? should be a couple of the moochers boys there,well 3 i know of so far. :drink:

Earth+Cleanspade you have nt commented on my post about showing working dogs with docked tails?

Earth are you charging admission to your show? as these restrictions will apply no matter how good a cause its in aid of :thumbs::thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

Earth+Cleanspade you have nt commented on my post about showing working dogs with docked tails?

Earth are you charging admission to your show? as these restrictions will apply no matter how good a cause its in aid of :thumbs::thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

Some shows judge them outside the showground , others just dont bother !