where or how to make slider

hi guys i want to make some purse nets with sliders on i have been using rings for years now as i make my own nets but i want to try and make some nets with sliders i was thinking of giving it a go any help or info would be greatly appreciated guys regards to all shandy

All the sliders I've seen have all been home made from high tensile fence wire and there are several net makers that use these things regularly . It's a matter of sitting down and making a 'jig' so that each one is the same and manufacter is simplified or you can buy the adjusters for tent guide ropes which will do much the same job . I've never used these but from what I can understand it's easier to cast off onto a slider . :thumbs:

ATB

Out of interest, Whats a slider? - (You said it was in place of rings, would it slide down the string with the force of a rabbit and then hold shut? Sounds interesting, if I'm on the right track at all!) Any chance of a photograph? Thank you

the french make them like that(with sliders) and call them "borse" (guess what "purse").

they work just like our poke net (double draw corded).

as i understand it the net is made square and gathered onto the slider when done.

i would not use high tensile wire as you will have trouble bending such short pieces,normal fence wire will do.

waidmann