long night

great dobg/pics mate, im pleased for you :clapper:

that is very strange though, there is a nice little vizsla in my village named zara who has just had pups...

do you live in cornwall?

no mate wales!!!

you got no bedding for them pups mate ... wooden floor not the most comfertable ........

I noticed that.. i would personally get the pup's of the floor to save chill's and any draught's

Millet

theres a reason i have no bedding on the floor,the bitch will scratch and scrape up anything i put down as the pups get a bit stronger il add shredded paper,the problem i might get now is a pup squashed behind the guard or buried or trapped under carpet,i know how to rear pups,and how will they chill from draughts when there are none,wood also absorbs heat from the heatlamp theyre under,woods not the best for hygene but it is warm!!!

:good: .. if i was to own a bitch that shredded bedding i would build a welping area of the floor with a lip all around so the little one's dont fall out..

Good luck with them mate.. ;) .

Millet

have a look at the pic millet lol,theres a guard all the way round,and as the pups get a bit stronger il add shredded paper!!! i know where i stand lol.....

100_1666.jpg

before the bitch had pups i had shreded paper down but i removed it before she had the pups as i was scared shed bury a pup or get the guard rails blocked up once the pups are a little more mobile il add more shredded paper!!!

Crackin lookin litter mate!!

Know how you feel ive had bitches that will just not tolerate any form of bedding or nesting material. I agree wood aint the most hygenic of surfaces but as long as theyre dry, have a lamp over them and have each other they will thrive.

D' you rate the wirehaired vizslas for work??

All the best with em

Ant

Hello & welldone iv had 3-4 litter's of pup's & wood is good once bitch is out i hand shred paper 2-3in wide & length of paper.Sertain paper's shred diffrent way's in length pup's love paper.Iv never used a heat lamp how is it & is it easy to work might try it hope to line my lab bitch soon so pup's will be born around xmas time.

Crackin lookin litter mate!!

Know how you feel ive had bitches that will just not tolerate any form of bedding or nesting material. I agree wood aint the most hygenic of surfaces but as long as theyre dry, have a lamp over them and have each other they will thrive.

D' you rate the wirehaired vizslas for work??

All the best with em

Ant

cheers mate,thanks for the support!!! to be honest ive not had any experience with a wire haired vizsla but wouldnt rule getting one one day im just happy with what i have really!!!

Hello & welldone iv had 3-4 litter's of pup's & wood is good once bitch is out i hand shred paper 2-3in wide & length of paper.Sertain paper's shred diffrent way's in length pup's love paper.Iv never used a heat lamp how is it & is it easy to work might try it hope to line my lab bitch soon so pup's will be born around xmas time.

as far as using a heatlamp mate i think its invaluable,i use em in the summer as well as the winter,just helps a pup keep weight on,they lose weight by trying to keep warm so its obvious if you have warmth,they will retain weight and grow stronger more quickly!!!!

il be doing the same too mate shredded paper as they get a little stronger!!!

you look like you know what your talking about mate. :) have you got any pics of the dam working?

cheers mate i have some pics somwhere just not on this pc,ive not long had this bitch,she belonged to my friend who's a full time keeper,she's only really been used for dogging in tho ive used her a little over my harris hawks,next season will be her season with me!!!

looking great mate, little fatties. how much food is the bitch putting away? she looks good .

Cheers mate,shes having fresh tripe at night and a as much complete dry food ad lib as she needs through out the day!!! shes lost a bit of weight off her back but shes got plenty of covering!!! :)

pups just coming into three weeks old now guys,had their first meal!!!

beta pup finely minced dry then mixed with warm water and lamlac dry milk!!!

bit messy but they got the idea in the end!!!:lol:

100_1730.jpg

100_1729.jpg

its amazing how theese little corkers grow every day lol!!!