1st ratting trip!!!!!!

i took my 5 month old JRT ratting for the first time this morning (1st time for both of us). he went out with 2 other experienced dogs, another jrt and a cross with a little bit of everything that kind of resembles and womble. i held him back and had no intention of letting him lose, but he broke free and got stuck in so we left him. he spent the first hour just running round like a headless chicken, but then he started to get the hang of things.

he got his first rat and it was a fair size. got a little nip under his chin but that didnt bother him. he left it when told and got straight back on it. by then the other 2 had pretty much cleaned up, but he was very happy with himself and i was pleased for him. :clapper:

post-36891-127028877085_thumb.jpg

post-36891-127028879138_thumb.jpg

post-36891-127028881293_thumb.jpg

post-36891-127028882294_thumb.jpg

nise one mate sound :thumbs: looks like you got a good dog comin on bet you loved it dint you iam hoppin to be goin out soon with my dog first time for us to. well done the dog :clapper: atb

Edited by tb25

Talking of ratting. Need some advise. I have a 7 month Lakeland (my picture) and was wondering about the best time to introduce him to rats? He seems to be in love with everything at the moment and was worried he might be put off if I put him in too young. Cheers