walk out with my new bluehound!!!!

well i picked up my new dog today and he is fecking ace!!! really is a nice dog im absolutely buzzing over him he is ten times the dog i expected perfect attitude and he is just like a lurcher in his ways. i cant believe he was gonna be put down he is a cracking dog and would of been such a waste to finish his days so young. when i picked him up he just jumped in my tipper like he had been doing it all his life!!! so i took him a good three hour walk to get to no him and he is quite clever really and keen to chase the rabbits we seen but he is staying on a lead till he settles in properly!!!! heres some pics of our day out for anyone whos interested :thumbs:

Photo0312.jpg

Photo0314.jpg

Photo0315.jpg

Photo0329.jpg

Photo0328.jpg

had him round some sheep and he was interested in them but he defo understands no when you tell him it so thats good!!!!

Photo0331.jpg

showed him the deer in the pen which he didnt no what to make of!!

Photo0310.jpg

Photo0311.jpg

Photo0317.jpg

then he found a rabbit warren that he had great fun marking and digging in for 10mins!!

Photo0320.jpg

then on the way home we popped in the local for a couple and everyone was all over him saying how nice he was and it was like he had been going in there for years!!!

Photo0339.jpg

then he got his head down on the way home!!

Photo0332.jpg

all in all for the first day out he has done alot more than i expected for sayng he has been in a pound for 5 of his 12 months of life and if things only get better ill be even more happy than i am now. theres a long way to go yet but early signs are good so i hope its all good from here. ive learnt alot about him already he can jump,go through fences,friendly as f**k with people and other dogs,makes me laugh and is just a nice dog to have around in general!! cheers for reading,jimmy :thumbs:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very smart looking dog Jimmy!   Enjoyed the story and the pics very much.   Sounds like both of you may have found what you are looking for.....and it doesn't hurt that he's welcome back at the

more pics of today while out with the bull cross i got for my mate that was in a bad state when we got him but is coming on a treat now!! i found a dead partridge and he started sniffing it s

looks like a belter mate,hope it all goes well and he does his job,there is a few pure ones on here and they also are top knotch on the bigger stuff!! shot and retrive obviously well done for giving

Posted Images

Very smart looking dog Jimmy! :thumbs:

Enjoyed the story and the pics very much.

Sounds like both of you may have found what you are looking for.....and it doesn't hurt that he's welcome back at the pub :drinks:

Hope he does the part for you when the time comes. :gunsmilie:

• Like 3

great looking dog :thumbs:

did i miss another thread? how is he bred? looks a big bugger!

mine has blue on his head and is otherwise fawn/white,his litter brother was blue/white and a stunner.

i wish you all the best with the dog bud :thumbs:

waidmann