Guest eastmids

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I get the right interest I may be persuaded to part with my dispatch tool.        

hello lads is there any reason legal or otherwise why i couldnt use the bolt gun or the likes of in the top of the link below to dispatch my quarry at the end of a dig?.

im determined to put in for a pistol in the comming months like that at the bottom of the link.

ive been a good lad for years and have land/permission for digging/protecting game birds but should i be refused a cert then the bolt gun is my plan B... save me relying on others and land owners to despatch when needed..the plan was to have it lengthened a little by one of the engineering lads.

i cant sse why this wouldnt be suitable to use legal or other wise..your thoughts please.

http://www.entwistleguns.com/index.php?Humane_Slaughter_Equipment

If it was me fella I would put in for a shotgun cert and a .410 It will be hard for the plod to refuse that then a fac and a .22 or .32 pistol.

A .410 will be a site easier to use than trying to bolt gun a fox down a hole but if your only option is to use a non cert bolt gun then I suppose it would work but it is far from ideal :thumbs:

the law states that foxes can be worked to ground by a single dog........................... to be dispatched as soon as poss with a firearm/shotgun(or words to that effect).

i'm not sure that a bolt gun would be classed as a firearm/shotgun?

other than that it will be very awkward dispatching a fox four feet down and a foot from the break through i would think.

the .410 would be the best option mate.

waidmann

i agree with the use of a forten pistol.very useful indeed.and there not very difficult to get licensed for,had the firearms people arnd last night to do a renewal and they said there would be no problem in being granted for the pistol as long as it u state that it is for use for rats in barns only.

Hia matey. I work in a gun shop and we sold one of these recently. You do NOT need any certificate to own one, but, would you really want to get your hand that close to a fox?. I asked my boss would they be ok for killing fox's in a cage trap and he said" you dont want to get your hand that close".

I would go for a SGC and get a .410 single barrel costing you about £100. Much cheeper.

i agree with the use of a forten pistol.very useful indeed.and there not very difficult to get licensed for,had the firearms people arnd last night to do a renewal and they said there would be no problem in being granted for the pistol as long as it u state that it is for use for rats in barns only.

He doesnt want to shoot rats :no: Mine is open for ALL humane despatch anywhere..Jesus dont any you lads get close to your foxes?? Some weird replies here

Hia matey. I work in a gun shop and we sold one of these recently. You do NOT need any certificate to own one, but, would you really want to get your hand that close to a fox?. I asked my boss would they be ok for killing fox's in a cage trap and he said" you dont want to get your hand that close".

I would go for a SGC and get a .410 single barrel costing you about £100. Much cheeper.

the plan was if im refused a cert to have the handle area lengthened and the trigger moved along accordingly.

other than possibly having to do more to get in the right position to use it.

i dont see why there be an issue using it on fox when they put out cattle etc with these things.

just to add i know a firearm would be more suited for ease of use hands down.

but just supposeing i dont get a cert is what im saying.

i thought i might have a better chance at obtaining a cert with it being so job specific as opposed to hobby shooting but you never know...thanks for the replies folks.

Thats why we said apply for a shotgun cert You don't need land permission and the good reason to own one is to go clay shooting the police will struggle to refuse you unless you've been a naughty boy then just get the .410 and your sorted :thumbs: