This is not a live ! report,but written report.

Well done chaps, thats what the weekends are made for!

Really good read especially with the photos, Davy did you use your new knife for the gutting, if so how did it perform?

Keep up the good work, happy hunting!

AB, Andy

Sounds like a great weekend Davy and as usual an excellent write up. :thumbs-up:

Why can't we see this kind of involved description in the mags instead of the normal sterile stuff we get?

Sib

hi sib

thanks buddy,i do like to go on a bit.like mike gasbag of AAOC have you seen his article in air gunner issue may 10.when i met him at the meet last year now i know why he is nicknamed gasbag :thumbs:

Massive effort lads :clapper:

thanks stealthy

mint going lads :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

thanks rabbit

Well done chaps, thats what the weekends are made for!

Really good read especially with the photos, Davy did you use your new knife for the gutting, if so how did it perform?

Keep up the good work, happy hunting!

AB, Andy

thanks andy,

you should of given me a ring.still it wont belong before your back in the hardcore hunters :thumbs:

regards

davy

Hi every one

Well you will have read the live! Report from in the field.

Now this is where my reporting skills come in to play!!

This week end has been planned for about 2 months, since I talked to rob last! AKA spike25blue so chaz and I knew he had purchased a new rifle and a weihrauch at that!

We saved this newest permission purely for HIS! Visit As we knew rob was a crack shot!

FRIDAY EVENING!

Marston farm

Rob and I went over to Marston farm to have a look around, and do some lamping!

We both got our selves stuck into a hedge. And waited and waited, then the first target arrived. As the true gent I am I asked rob if he would like to take the first shot!

But as we all know judging distance at night is hard! And it went high

Not much more happened in this area so we grabbed a radio each and went for a mooch!

I sat up by the entrance where we had spotted 2 run on our arrival, hoping they would pop back out! And one did after me sitting there for an hour. I left it to get comfy for a while then gently raised the AAS410K .177 i could just make it out the silhouette of the bunny; I composed my self got to first stage of the trigger, a gentle squeeze of the pressure pad to activate the lamp, and second stage THWUCK! Missed :doh:

So took another quick shot to check POI and it was way off. And I was :censored: Off as well. Rob had radioed me so we met up at the barn at the back of the property, which measure’s 20yds as its all enclosed I could adjust my zero to boot! Well it just got worse

And as it was raining heavy and we both missed miserably we decided to call it a night! And have an airgun chat at home over a cuppa tea!

SATURDAY AFTERNOON / NIGHT

Paddocks, waste land, orchard.

Was a zero session as mine was of and rob needed some tuition on shooting .22 cal :laugh:

ABCD0011-23.jpg

THE HH RANGE!

ABCD0010-22.jpg

And was bang on after listening to me and Charlie huff & puff over our zero! :laugh:

But was all sorted in the end ready for some lamping this evening.

So it was off home for a quick bite to eat and a cuppa, then chaz picked us both up at 4:30pm as we was going over to east hanney horse paddocks first! I suggested that we did not enter the field till we were all set up, lamps on, and loaded, as we did not want to be coming back to the truck to get things. So we had everything on us and ready to go,

As we drove up to the gate we seen loads of wood pigeons but they did not stay around long. I jumped out and opened the gate and made sure the horses did not bolt for it, truck through gate closed me in the truck and over we went to the paddock fence, and it was go,go,go,go!, :laugh: like out of a military excersise :laugh:

And we all set of to our favourite spots as was agreed before we went into the field!

I asked rob if he would like to go to the hot spot of the field

(As this is how we treat, our guest’s) :thumbs: priority hot spots guaranteed a bag!

As I was just getting settled and ready for my target to arrive.

Rob was on the radio, I got two 2 we weren’t there 5 minutes. So well done that man! :thumbs:

Another half hour passed and two came running out of the hedge! Straight in to the middle of the field, so I had to wait till they grazed my way :laugh: Which took another half hour or so then my shot? Chance had arrived I had ranged them at 41yds THWACK! Over it went no back flip no twitching just a straight nose dive in the dirt!

WHERE IT FELL

ABCD0012-19.jpg

Then another hour had passed and a pigeon landed in the trees in front of me ranged it at 55yds THWACK!! Down it came like a stone. So this little session bagged us a pigeon and 3 bunnies’s me tinks.

As we were loosing the light our field, just 500 yds away was ready for its V.I.P visit from spike25blue as we drove down the lane to the gate I could feel the excitement in the truck as we were nearing the gate! I hopped out and opened the gate and we were in!

And we could not believe our eyes :icon_eek: how many bunnies’ there was out! I haven’t seen this many since my first trip to moonlight valley 3 years ago. So in the truck I jumped and we were off, I can’t remember in all this excitement who got the first bunny. But it didn’t really matter as we were having too much fun to notice. But what we did notice!

I know rob is a lot younger than me,

But I do like to see that look on some ones face (like a kid, in a sweet shop) priceless! :tongue2:

Any how’s we had a ball in here and done the land owner a favour in taking so many vermin! Then I think all the bunny’s that were left must have gotten dizzy and went to ground. As it must have been like in a disco! out there! :laugh:

so a cuppa was in order.

ABCD0015-18.jpg

ABCD0014-18.jpg

plus rob was on fire ! with the HW100K .22

Then we had a little truck drive to the orchard only 2/3 minutes in the truck. When we opened the gate there was 2 just sat out in the field minding there own! But they weren’t there for long!

I can’t remember how many we got in this field, but we done all the photos, and the gutting in here! PHEW!

And despite the weather we still had a great time, so don’t let the weather! Put you off lads! As it dose not affect “HARDCORE HUNTER’S!!†:laugh:

this was the bag for saturday,

the rifles used where AAS410K .177, HW100K .22 , falcon lighthunter .177

SDC14472.jpg

Most of these were taken by HW100K .22

and where some fell

ABCD0016-19.jpg

ABCD0017-18.jpg

ABCD0018-19.jpg

ABCD0019-21.jpg

SUNDAY

Stanford manor house / business park (morning)

And Gainfield (Evening)

Well after a bumper evening at hanney, we went over to Stanford manor/place a 55 acres estate which has a vermin problem. So they called in the Hardcore Hunters :laugh:

Chaz picked us up at 5:30am so we only had about 2 ½ hours sleep. But we were still keen to show are V.I.P a good time hunting. We got to the permission at 6:05am so a quick equipment check no need to zero because we knew they were ok ,well Rob’s was :thumbs:

And we all headed off .I went north, chaz went east, rob went south. I went back up to where we see 2 bunny’s out on arrival, and got myself tucked up a great ole oak tree. Which the squizzer’s had wrecked a time before as the holes where sealed off, to stop them from making any more damage. As this tree when it’s in full bloom is lovely

I must have been here a good 1 ½ hours nodding off between each recky. Then I spotted a bunny out at 61yds but well out of my range! So kept a keen sleepy eye on it, then some movement out of the corner of my other sleepy eye caught my attention. But I was facing north and it was east so I had to make quite a long and slow body shuffle with out it noticing me moving. On cane the scopecam I had ranged it at 41yds

Here is the footage!

After this I spotted a couple of squizzer’s in the trees about 50yds from me, and as the 61yd bunny did not come in to range as it disappeared, I went on and upwards to the squizzer’s I sat there for a good hour to see if I could see them, and it wasn’t long before I spotted one of them. And here it is staring in my hardcore hunter’s video footage

squizzer

After this I done some footage of the permission for you guys, as it was pretty quiet

Permission footage BEWARE! FREAKY!! FOOTAGE! :laugh:

Then I went and sat down by a big ole warren, where I seen a bunny sitting out side it.

But I only got within 60yds of it and it scarpered :doh: So I stayed there for another 1 ½ hours before our eleven’s cuppa & home made cakes but we all bagged here.

“Well if ya can call what rob had†:laugh: . As it was pretty quiet we went over to the business park as it’s on the way home, it wold be rude not too! :laugh: and had a couple of pigeons here too!

Then off home for a Sunday roast, a quick rest and back out again! This time over to gainfield a horse paddock we got there before sunset, I once again sent rob over to the hot spot where he seen 6 bunnies out and I went out to the small plantation which there are destroying! I sat here for an hour before a bunny appeared but once again 64yds DAMBED! That bunny so I just watched where they were coming and going from till eventually one came in to a reasonable range! 47yds it was a very still day hardly any wind, the light rain that was forecast was know where to be seen. Im on the bi-pod

THWACK! That was the end of its damage to the saplings. Another sapling muncher appeared but I missed that one, rob was on the radio that he had one as well so the evening wasn’t wasted. But the light rain turned into real heavy rain, and did not want my rifle ruined so we decided to call it a night plus we were knackered!

MY SUNDAY MORNINGS BAG

ABCD0009-25.jpg

MY SUNDAY NIGHTS BAG

SDC14484.jpg

And that my hunter friend was our cracking! Week end. Just like to say thanks to chaz for driving and tanks to rob for the bits he brought me down, and for what he is taking back to sort out for me by Adi at http://www.amcustomgunsmiths.co.uk/index.html

So our total for the week end was me tinks! 26 rabbits, 4 wood pigeons, 1 squizzer

Happy (hardcore) hunting!

Davy

what a crackin read mate and you lads had a very good weekend and the vids was spot on i felt like i was there with you lads ,well done lads you are hard core for sure :notworthy:

Hi every one

Well you will have read the live! Report from in the field.

Now this is where my reporting skills come in to play!!

This week end has been planned for about 2 months, since I talked to rob last! AKA spike25blue so chaz and I knew he had purchased a new rifle and a weihrauch at that!

We saved this newest permission purely for HIS! Visit As we knew rob was a crack shot!

FRIDAY EVENING!

Marston farm

Rob and I went over to Marston farm to have a look around, and do some lamping!

We both got our selves stuck into a hedge. And waited and waited, then the first target arrived. As the true gent I am I asked rob if he would like to take the first shot!

But as we all know judging distance at night is hard! And it went high

Not much more happened in this area so we grabbed a radio each and went for a mooch!

I sat up by the entrance where we had spotted 2 run on our arrival, hoping they would pop back out! And one did after me sitting there for an hour. I left it to get comfy for a while then gently raised the AAS410K .177 i could just make it out the silhouette of the bunny; I composed my self got to first stage of the trigger, a gentle squeeze of the pressure pad to activate the lamp, and second stage THWUCK! Missed :doh:

So took another quick shot to check POI and it was way off. And I was :censored: Off as well. Rob had radioed me so we met up at the barn at the back of the property, which measure’s 20yds as its all enclosed I could adjust my zero to boot! Well it just got worse

And as it was raining heavy and we both missed miserably we decided to call it a night! And have an airgun chat at home over a cuppa tea!

SATURDAY AFTERNOON / NIGHT

Paddocks, waste land, orchard.

Was a zero session as mine was of and rob needed some tuition on shooting .22 cal :laugh:

ABCD0011-23.jpg

THE HH RANGE!

ABCD0010-22.jpg

And was bang on after listening to me and Charlie huff & puff over our zero! :laugh:

But was all sorted in the end ready for some lamping this evening.

So it was off home for a quick bite to eat and a cuppa, then chaz picked us both up at 4:30pm as we was going over to east hanney horse paddocks first! I suggested that we did not enter the field till we were all set up, lamps on, and loaded, as we did not want to be coming back to the truck to get things. So we had everything on us and ready to go,

As we drove up to the gate we seen loads of wood pigeons but they did not stay around long. I jumped out and opened the gate and made sure the horses did not bolt for it, truck through gate closed me in the truck and over we went to the paddock fence, and it was go,go,go,go!, :laugh: like out of a military excersise :laugh:

And we all set of to our favourite spots as was agreed before we went into the field!

I asked rob if he would like to go to the hot spot of the field

(As this is how we treat, our guest’s) :thumbs: priority hot spots guaranteed a bag!

As I was just getting settled and ready for my target to arrive.

Rob was on the radio, I got two 2 we weren’t there 5 minutes. So well done that man! :thumbs:

Another half hour passed and two came running out of the hedge! Straight in to the middle of the field, so I had to wait till they grazed my way :laugh: Which took another half hour or so then my shot? Chance had arrived I had ranged them at 41yds THWACK! Over it went no back flip no twitching just a straight nose dive in the dirt!

WHERE IT FELL

ABCD0012-19.jpg

Then another hour had passed and a pigeon landed in the trees in front of me ranged it at 55yds THWACK!! Down it came like a stone. So this little session bagged us a pigeon and 3 bunnies’s me tinks.

As we were loosing the light our field, just 500 yds away was ready for its V.I.P visit from spike25blue as we drove down the lane to the gate I could feel the excitement in the truck as we were nearing the gate! I hopped out and opened the gate and we were in!

And we could not believe our eyes :icon_eek: how many bunnies’ there was out! I haven’t seen this many since my first trip to moonlight valley 3 years ago. So in the truck I jumped and we were off, I can’t remember in all this excitement who got the first bunny. But it didn’t really matter as we were having too much fun to notice. But what we did notice!

I know rob is a lot younger than me,

But I do like to see that look on some ones face (like a kid, in a sweet shop) priceless! :tongue2:

Any how’s we had a ball in here and done the land owner a favour in taking so many vermin! Then I think all the bunny’s that were left must have gotten dizzy and went to ground. As it must have been like in a disco! out there! :laugh:

so a cuppa was in order.

ABCD0015-18.jpg

ABCD0014-18.jpg

plus rob was on fire ! with the HW100K .22

Then we had a little truck drive to the orchard only 2/3 minutes in the truck. When we opened the gate there was 2 just sat out in the field minding there own! But they weren’t there for long!

I can’t remember how many we got in this field, but we done all the photos, and the gutting in here! PHEW!

And despite the weather we still had a great time, so don’t let the weather! Put you off lads! As it dose not affect “HARDCORE HUNTER’S!!†:laugh:

this was the bag for saturday,

the rifles used where AAS410K .177, HW100K .22 , falcon lighthunter .177

SDC14472.jpg

Most of these were taken by HW100K .22

and where some fell

ABCD0016-19.jpg

ABCD0017-18.jpg

ABCD0018-19.jpg

ABCD0019-21.jpg

SUNDAY

Stanford manor house / business park (morning)

And Gainfield (Evening)

Well after a bumper evening at hanney, we went over to Stanford manor/place a 55 acres estate which has a vermin problem. So they called in the Hardcore Hunters :laugh:

Chaz picked us up at 5:30am so we only had about 2 ½ hours sleep. But we were still keen to show are V.I.P a good time hunting. We got to the permission at 6:05am so a quick equipment check no need to zero because we knew they were ok ,well Rob’s was :thumbs:

And we all headed off .I went north, chaz went east, rob went south. I went back up to where we see 2 bunny’s out on arrival, and got myself tucked up a great ole oak tree. Which the squizzer’s had wrecked a time before as the holes where sealed off, to stop them from making any more damage. As this tree when it’s in full bloom is lovely

I must have been here a good 1 ½ hours nodding off between each recky. Then I spotted a bunny out at 61yds but well out of my range! So kept a keen sleepy eye on it, then some movement out of the corner of my other sleepy eye caught my attention. But I was facing north and it was east so I had to make quite a long and slow body shuffle with out it noticing me moving. On cane the scopecam I had ranged it at 41yds

Here is the footage!

After this I spotted a couple of squizzer’s in the trees about 50yds from me, and as the 61yd bunny did not come in to range as it disappeared, I went on and upwards to the squizzer’s I sat there for a good hour to see if I could see them, and it wasn’t long before I spotted one of them. And here it is staring in my hardcore hunter’s video footage

squizzer

After this I done some footage of the permission for you guys, as it was pretty quiet

Permission footage BEWARE! FREAKY!! FOOTAGE! :laugh:

Then I went and sat down by a big ole warren, where I seen a bunny sitting out side it.

But I only got within 60yds of it and it scarpered :doh: So I stayed there for another 1 ½ hours before our eleven’s cuppa & home made cakes but we all bagged here.

“Well if ya can call what rob had†:laugh: . As it was pretty quiet we went over to the business park as it’s on the way home, it wold be rude not too! :laugh: and had a couple of pigeons here too!

Then off home for a Sunday roast, a quick rest and back out again! This time over to gainfield a horse paddock we got there before sunset, I once again sent rob over to the hot spot where he seen 6 bunnies out and I went out to the small plantation which there are destroying! I sat here for an hour before a bunny appeared but once again 64yds DAMBED! That bunny so I just watched where they were coming and going from till eventually one came in to a reasonable range! 47yds it was a very still day hardly any wind, the light rain that was forecast was know where to be seen. Im on the bi-pod

THWACK! That was the end of its damage to the saplings. Another sapling muncher appeared but I missed that one, rob was on the radio that he had one as well so the evening wasn’t wasted. But the light rain turned into real heavy rain, and did not want my rifle ruined so we decided to call it a night plus we were knackered!

MY SUNDAY MORNINGS BAG

ABCD0009-25.jpg

MY SUNDAY NIGHTS BAG

SDC14484.jpg

And that my hunter friend was our cracking! Week end. Just like to say thanks to chaz for driving and tanks to rob for the bits he brought me down, and for what he is taking back to sort out for me by Adi at http://www.amcustomgunsmiths.co.uk/index.html

So our total for the week end was me tinks! 26 rabbits, 4 wood pigeons, 1 squizzer

Happy (hardcore) hunting!

Davy

what a crackin read mate and you lads had a very good weekend and the vids was spot on i felt like i was there with you lads ,well done lads you are hard core for sure :notworthy:

hi cyclonesparky

tanks buddy

regards

davy

Davy your still a messerboogie.gif you really need to get off the keyboard & go out in the fieldtongue2.gif .Excellent bit of sport you's lads had & a quality post to go with itgunsmilie.gif .

The weather's upside down at the moment up here so it looks like a Easter week end on the cronic for medrink.gifdrink.gif