"Wildlife Conservation"

foxes are big rats

I agree with your other point that they do need to be controlled, But foxes are not "big rats", They are clever, efficient predators that have just as much right to be in the countryside than any other animal, Especialy pheasents which as you know are a NON-native species, Not hard to respect your qaurry.

ATB

McKay

It's also not very hard to spell Quarry either.......

I think the fact that foxes are quite big preditors and aren't seen so often makes people protective over them the way they do over lions and tigers. People don't feel the same way about rats and only the wierdest person would concider raising a rat and then releasing it in to the wild.

They let the towel heads lose in the UK didn't they why not a rat?8)

raising fox cubs is nothing new hunts have done it for years , i know terriermen who will have fox traps out to catch cubs up then feed them up to adulthood and release them so they have something to hunt , ive done it myself , 10 years ago i had a pet fox in my yard he ran with the terriers and thought he was a terrier sad to say he got ran over , atb top