My Hybrids

First three pictures are of tyne she is 75% pure polecat or so i am told by my friend who breeds the hybrids and he is a mad scientist so prob know all about the genetics

IMG]http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll418/whyferret1/Hybrid003.jpg[/img]

IMG]http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll418/whyferret1/Hybrid004.jpg[/img]

Hybrid005.jpg

the next three is of Dee how much hybrid is unknown

Gizzy031.jpg

Gizzy032.jpg

Gizzy033.jpg

Must say that ever though my hybrids are tame i do not trust them, when going to pick them up you have to watch as this is when likley they are to bite you but once up they are ok,

Note Hybrids might look nice but are not for people with no or little experiance in ferets

Edited by wullieh

we get many members asking/wanting to have a mix and match ferret/mink/stoat/weasel hybrid, although yours look ok, along with a nice set up in the background, I cannot understand, WHY :hmm:

whether your an experienced ferreter or not, that you'd want to use an animal of any description, that you had to be causious around

if you had a dog that bit you every time you put the lead on, Im sure most people would not want it, so why allow/put up with a fert doing it

100% ferret does exactly what its worked for, bolting rabbits

we get many members asking/wanting to have a mix and match ferret/mink/stoat/weasel hybrid, although yours look ok, along with a nice set up in the background, I cannot understand, WHY :hmm:

whether your an experienced ferreter or not, that you'd want to use an animal of any description, that you had to be causious around

if you had a dog that bit you every time you put the lead on, Im sure most people would not want it, so why allow/put up with a fert doing it

100% ferret does exactly what its worked for, bolting rabbits

It can be summed up in two words "curiosity factor" and i suppose thats all there is to it.

FT

The hybrid in the second pture came into the rescue and rather than put her down i decided to keep her she ahs never bitten me but as i said i know that they can turn, the other one was somthing i wanted to do to build my ferret experiance up as i know a great deal about ferrets i wanted to see just how tamei could get a hybrid and got tyne a 8 wks and handled her every day she also has never bitten me but has swung her head round when picking her up once up though she is kust like any other ferret i can open her mouth and she dont try to bite.

:icon_eek:

Could you cross a mink and a ferret if so would be a good ratter against does protecting pinkies.

You mean like this?

post-3119-126945387912_thumb.jpg

FT

looks just like a polecat to me,seen a picture of a polecat x european mink didnt look like yours.

Yep me an'all.

:icon_eek:

Could you cross a mink and a ferret if so would be a good ratter against does protecting pinkies.

You mean like this?

Correct name for this is a Khonorik and is the result of EU polecat x Steppe polecat x mink bred in Russia for the quality of the fur,

This one is a 9 month old juvenile.

FT

FT

looks just like a polecat to me,seen a picture of a polecat x european mink didnt look like yours.

Yep me an'all.

You mean like this?

FT

this is supposed to be a mink polecat hybrid (eu polecat x steppe polecat x european mink) not our american invader.post-41267-126946598659.jpg

oh and i found this pic of sum one else who wants hybrids what the :censored: for i do not knowpost-41267-126946617527_thumb.jpg :thumbdown: