dew claws

I agree with the posts above, can cause no end of problems leaving them on as they get caught in everything. Have even seen dogs manage to get them caught in their collars before, fun and games sorting that one out if it's not a good natured dog!

Chop them with proper clippers,my bitch only 3 weeks ago snapped one of hers and was hanging and bleeding bad i cleaned it up and kept it clean 3 days later it dropped off and 5 days later she was running again. Vets are for emergency things like this is just the norm,keeping clean etc once healed if hasnt dropped just remove it yourself!

Chop them with proper clippers,my bitch only 3 weeks ago snapped one of hers and was hanging and bleeding bad i cleaned it up and kept it clean 3 days later it dropped off and 5 days later she was running again. Vets are for emergency things like this is just the norm,keeping clean etc once healed if hasnt dropped just remove it yourself!

thanks for that mate, the whole nail has come off, leaving just the flesh/nerve there. I have kept it clean but each time he catches it it bleeds agin.

thanks for that mate, the whole nail has come off, leaving just the flesh/nerve there. I have kept it clean but each time he catches it it bleeds agin.

To be fair its the first time ive had a run in with dew claws so im no expert,but to pay through your nose at the vets is a joke,i ran my bitch 5 days later without a problem i put thumb pressure there and shes fine so now she has on dew claw if it becomes a problem i will do it myself,she would likelys bite anyone else that trys to do anything,but she trusts me!

All id say is keep it clean if the nails dropped let it fully recover and heal and it should be fine! As before im no expert i may be told different! :thumbs: