fox/predator callers

Right i know this topic may get some flak but its a hunting forum. Over the years i have tried the odd fox caller for lamping sessions and have had them work fairly well but over the years ive developed my own way of squeaking them in as i am sure most of you have on here,but to be fair ive not had much sucess this season ive tried different tones of squeaking etc to no avail i have always been able to get them pretty close i am abit baffled by this and cannot think why as over the years ive had a respectable tally with my method,we also seem rather snided with charlie this year in my local area often seeing double figures in a single night, i am wondering if the good old rspca has been doing its usual trick of dumping urban foxes in our area as they have been doing steadily for the last few years and they are not intune with squeaking usualy meaning a meal,there has been very little to ground in my locality they have all been on top so i would like to hear peoples thoughts on fox callers and predator calls on the market at the moment

theres loads of different ones on the market i thought a few folk would have a few bad or good points on the current ones ie ones that seem to work a treat and ones to stay clear of i used to have a little round disk some years back that always worked a treat not seen them advertised though any one used these electronic devices ??

Guest hunterside

the one's i use in the past sound like party blowers lol and ive lost a few aswell i stick to using my hand no chance of loosing that i hope :thumbs: ps the round disk type i dont use nearly swallowed one not good :icon_redface:

Edited by hunterside

lol i really did like the round disk type from a few years ago they were reliable i have always prefered useing my hand but it just does not seem to be doing the trick the season just gone

The wam fox call works well for me and my friend but this season the fox's never seemed that bothered by the call but the next farm over from us has some other shooters who can be heard some nights calling for britain this could be the problem. Also works well for stoats and magpies.

i have always prefered useing my hand but it just does not seem to be doing the trick the season

icon_eek.gif Maybe you're just losing your grip mate.whistling.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist that.laugh.gif

lol i must be pal walked into that one fella

regards hedz

its been the same for me as soon as the mating season so to speak came in my wam whistle calls stopped they havent been interested at all really and i use my mouth and no hand to squeak and this has work very well for me i the past but am at a lost end at mo if i do manage to squeak in soon as lamp on white light filters red/amber they show heels and are off me thinks a night on the drawing board is on the cards.

its been the same for me as soon as the mating season so to speak came in my wam whistle calls stopped they havent been interested at all really and i use my mouth and no hand to squeak and this has work very well for me i the past but am at a lost end at mo if i do manage to squeak in soon as lamp on white light filters red/amber they show heels and are off me thinks a night on the drawing board is on the cards.

i got that cottontail distress call of a friend and downloaded it to my mobile mate its 3 minutes long,and jesus did it work pal no sucking the back of my hand no dry mouth etc etc just put it on left my mobile in my pocket with it playing, i am not one for new technology and new things but it certainly changed my views had a very succesful night saturday and it will sure be getting used this weekend just to make sure last weekend was not a fluke

regards hedz

• 4 weeks later...