Hi all

I bought a brand new Lanber about 7 weeks ago. While I was pigeon shooting a week ago I put a cartridge in the bottom barrel but it didn't sit on the ejector, it sat just under it. I took it back to the shop I got it from and they sent it to GMK. Had a phone call yesterday from the shop saying GMK phoned them saying the gun is irripairable as it is a discontinued model. GMK are gonna credit the gun shops account once they recieve the extra chokes and hard case.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement! The gun shop are saying if I pay an extra £75 I can have the new Lanber Deluxe Field Gamescene, I told them if GMK pay the extra £75 for the inconvienence then I will have it. What would you guys do, have the new gun if GMK pay or take the money and get a different make / go elsewhere?

Cheers

Tony

obviously the decision is yours mate,my local gun shop are not interested in the likes of me at all,never spend enough money in there for their liking,if you not got £3000,in your pocket for a new gun they have trouble giving you the time of day,typical father and son business,top of the range landrovers and personal number plate types,if i was you,f**k them and go elsewhere jmo good luck with sorting it mate

They want you to put another £75 in?? WTF?

They sold you a duff gun that they cant repair, your gun shop should give you the equivilant model from the new range and an apology for the inconvience.

From a legal pov they are probably doing it right but for the sake of customer relations they ought to b e a little fairer.

Personally I would write a nice letter to GMk and explain what the shop have offered you.

Point out that as the lanber you brought was defective and irrepairable that you would have hope for good customer relations that a new one would have been offered as a sign of good faith.

Watchman - I have known the owner and manager for the best part of 10 years, so they're not gonna try fobbing me off.

Daveo - it's not the shop I have a problem with, it's GMK. I'm gonna phone the shop in a bit, it's not their fault Lanber produced a duff gun. If GMK don't put up the other money I won't be buying another of their guns!

Masmiffy - I may well do that, or phone them. Like I say it was a brand new gun and I only put 150 shots through it maximum.

Watchman - I have known the owner and manager for the best part of 10 years, so they're not gonna try fobbing me off.

Daveo - it's not the shop I have a problem with, it's GMK. I'm gonna phone the shop in a bit, it's not their fault Lanber produced a duff gun. If GMK don't put up the other money I won't be buying another of their guns!

Masmiffy - I may well do that, or phone them. Like I say it was a brand new gun and I only put 150 shots through it maximum.

What was the outcome then???

I thought Lanber have a 5 year warranty? Generally they'll replace with equivalent new model, but I guess this is GMK we're talking about...

If you don't want to use GMK, then I guess you're looking at a Browning really. Semi auto at that, for a decent shotgun. Or you could get an SX3. First port of call - very angry phone call to GMK and take it from there...

All sorted out now. Phoned gunshop on Monday to see what what was happening and they said if I wanted the new Field Deluxe Gamescene I could have it. Few things different to the last one, but I'm pleased with it!

Apparently the old Lanber was completely out of alignment, that's my excuse for not hitting as much as I should!

Cheers

Tony