braking the rules

What if you are on permission hunting rats rabbits'flushing cover crops for eg brussels cabbage ect'and a hare,fox or deer break cover and this happens 100 times a year .If the dogs were loose and killed whatever broke would I be breaking the law.

well from what the law states in catcher 1s post i would say yes!! theres no such thing as accidental hunting!! :thumbs:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

then that would mean ,having your dog on a lead and muzzled every time you take it for a walk ,or to work it .then you just as well get a poodle .

Posted Images

Guest 2GOOD

The Act makes it an offence for a person to hunt a wild mammal with a dog unless the hunting is exempt. For the purposes of the Act, the word 'hunting' has its ordinary English meaning, which includes searching for wild mammals, chasing them, or pursuing them for the purpose of catching or killing them. The Act makes clear that a person is hunting a wild mammal with a dog if he engages alone or participates with others in the pursuit of a wild mammal and a dog is employed in that pursuit, whether or not under his direct control. As hunting requires the intention to search for, chase or pursue the quarry, it is not possible to hunt by accident.

then why are hunts men being found not guilty in court . hmm.gif

The topic did state taking hare,deer.of fox with a lurcher.As for the hunts men dont know.If they get of with it fine love it.In this case your wrong pain and simple.All dogs must be under the owners control at all times.Lasts words on this.atb.Catcher

not on private land ,if a wild animal gets up and caught by the dog .its the same law that stops you geting done for killing it with a car ,not intentional .

What if you are on permission hunting rats rabbits'flushing cover crops for eg brussels cabbage ect'and a hare,fox or deer break cover and this happens 100 times a year .If the dogs were loose and killed whatever broke would I be breaking the law.

well from what the law states in catcher 1s post i would say yes!! theres no such thing as accidental hunting!! :thumbs:

it has to be proven you have the intent to hunt/course

Guest 2GOOD

The Act makes it an offence for a person to hunt a wild mammal with a dog unless the hunting is exempt. For the purposes of the Act, the word ‘hunting’ has its ordinary English meaning, which includes searching for wild mammals, chasing them, or pursuing them for the purpose of catching or killing them. The Act makes clear that a person is hunting a wild mammal with a dog if he engages alone or participates with others in the pursuit of a wild mammal and a dog is employed in that pursuit, whether or not under his direct control. As hunting requires the intention to search for, chase or pursue the quarry, it is not possible to hunt by accident.

then why are hunts men being found not guilty in court . :hmm:

becouse there is alot of ££££ backing them :whistling:

money dont come into it . :no: if your up on the way the law works

I would say no, if legaly hunting rabbits then that is your intention, Hares, deer unintentional, so your not hunting them.

but his intention to hunt is there is it not?? when he says hunting rabbits or rats on permission then illegal quarry kicks up and is killed! that is actually a question to you not me arguing!! :thumbs:

but his intention to hunt is there is it not?? when he says hunting rabbits or rats on permission then illegal quarry kicks up and is killed! that is actually a question to you not me arguing!! :thumbs:

it is up to the aurthorities to prove the intension to take or persue iligall quarry

Guest 2GOOD

all you would have to do ,is look into a case of a hunt that has got of under the same circumstances ie unintentional ,then ask that you be treated exactilly the same as that case number ,not guilty end of story

Edited by 2GOOD

As the ban on hunting with dogs comes into effect, the Country Land & Business Association (CLA) is issuing guidance to members setting out what is permissible.

The Hunting Act 2004 makes it an offence (subject to some exemptions) to hunt a wild mammal using a dog. A landowner who permits illegal hunting to take place on their land will also be committing an offence. Landowners can allow a hunt to enter their land for legal hunting activities, for example drag-hunting or the exercising of hounds, but they cannot knowingly permit a hunt to use their land for illegal hunting.

"The important issue is for the landowner to be able to make it clear to the police that they only gave permission for legal activities. One way to achieve this is to have a detailed letter from the hunt stating precisely which activities it wishes to carry out. The landowner also needs to send a reciprocal letter back to the hunt permitting lawful activities but emphasising that the hunt is prohibited from carrying out anything that is unlawful under the Hunting Act 2004," said solicitor Christopher Price, Public Law Adviser at the CLA.

The maximum penalty for landowners who allow illegal hunting on their property is a fine of up to £5,000 but a conviction under the Hunting Act will not result in the landowner forfeiting any Single Payment entitlement.

Mark Hudson, CLA President said, "Our advisers have taken many calls from concerned landowners wishing to support the continuance of the hunts but without falling foul of this ill-conceived legislation. We urge members to seek advice specific to their individual circumstances. Turning a blind eye to illegal hunting activity on your land may not be kindly looked upon by the courts."

15 February 2005

» Contact

so in theory when im WALKING my dog and he chases somthing even a rabbit im breaking the law as its not my permission just common land even though im only walking him not hunting, i walk him on the land everyday and see roe everyday, if i see them before the dog i put him on the lead but on the odd occasion they will appear from nowere and the dog will chase them so im breaking the law, right?

what about the old woman i see everyday with a border terrier chasing roe and everything else, is she breaking the law?

i think the police would be more interested in me than the old lady even though i try to prevent him chasing them and se just lets her dog chase them

so in theory when im WALKING my dog and he chases somthing even a rabbit im breaking the law as its not my permission just common land even though im only walking him not hunting, i walk him on the land everyday and see roe everyday, if i see them before the dog i put him on the lead but on the odd occasion they will appear from nowere and the dog will chase them so im breaking the law, right?

what about the old woman i see everyday with a border terrier chasing roe and everything else, is she breaking the law?

i think the police would be more interested in me than the old lady even though i try to prevent him chasing them and se just lets her dog chase them

your biggest mistake is addmitting to it happening :whistling:

your biggest mistake is addmitting to it happening :whistling:

so it never happend :whistling::whistling:

interesting points , it always happens when not exspected. if you can prove your intentions of hunting legal quarry on your permission and an accident happens, you have to prove your intention. accidents do happen in different circumstances, and alot of problems are caused by public right of ways every where with do gooders using them. sometimes they see an accident but to them your breaking the law but dont realise you had no intention. and it always happens when your in the middle of no where and then you get an illegal run and look round there will be a walker watching. unbeleivable. i think the main objective is just prooving your self , thats why it always pays to take a ferret box with you :laugh:

interesting points , it always happens when not exspected. if you can prove your intentions of hunting legal quarry on your permission and an accident happens, you have to prove your intention. accidents do happen in different circumstances, and alot of problems are caused by public right of ways every where with do gooders using them. sometimes they see an accident but to them your breaking the law but dont realise you had no intention. and it always happens when your in the middle of no where and then you get an illegal run and look round there will be a walker watching. unbeleivable. i think the main objective is just prooving your self , thats why it always pays to take a ferret box with you :laugh:

agree taken the ferret everywhere when hunting is a good thing lol

atb poacher