Pellet types and weight. What to use??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all..

I.m using .22 accupels in my bbk BSA Superten and i wante to try a slightly heaver pellet.

Can anyone suggest another type.

Thanks

Think the accuplels are 14.3 grain?

Why you need heavier mate? They have done me good for a good many years in my superten.

Heres a good link

http://www.extorian.co.uk/shooting/pellets.html?grains=16&velocity=560&energy=11.14&rifleLegality=Yes&pistolLegality=No+%28Requires+F.A.C.%29

Edited by Leicester hunter

Hi Sax.

Have you chronoed the rifle ?

16s may take you over the 12ftlb.......just a thought.

Bill.

I thought that all air rifles has to be sub 12ft/lb with the heaviest of pellet available?

I know of a case where somebody local to me was using 14s in an air rifle putting out 11.8ft/lb, and he got pulled. The police checked the rifle on their calibrated kit with 16s and it went to 12.6ft/lb, he was done. The police said that maybe he was set for 14s but the fact is he COULD have had 16s.

Hi Sax.

Bill.

I thought that all air rifles has to be sub 12ft/lb with the heaviest of pellet available?

I know of a case where somebody local to me was using 14s in an air rifle putting out 11.8ft/lb, and he got pulled. The police checked the rifle on their calibrated kit with 16s and it went to 12.6ft/lb, he was done. The police said that maybe he was set for 14s but the fact is he COULD have had 16s.

The police can use whatever pellet they like mate, if this takes your rifle over the limit then be prepared to suffer the consequences....hence why most sub 12 air rifles are in the low 11's to allow for the pellet variation

Darryl

Hi Sax.

Bill.

The police can use whatever pellet they like mate, if this takes your rifle over the limit then be prepared to suffer the consequences....hence why most sub 12 air rifles are in the low 11's to allow for the pellet variation

Darryl

Thats what i was trying to say fella!

Hi Sax.

Bill.

Darryl

Thats what i was trying to say fella!

:thumbs:

The Biz Mags were designed for PCP's and if you set your gun at 11. whatever using them, you are unlikely to go over with any other pellet.

I know a few guy's on here use them to devastating effect :yes:

Phantom

Hi Guys.

It would be interesting to contact the Police and find out exactly what the MAXIMUM pellet weight is, that they use to test a sub 12ftlb rifle.

If all Air Rifle shooters had that information, they could test their rifles to that MAXIMUM weight, and be within the law.

Also have power adjustments made if nessessary......or am I being daft :icon_redface:

ATB.

Bill.

Eley magnum are around 30 grains I think (if they still make them). Best suited for fac air rifles though. ATB

Yep I believe they do, but are they not named 'Air Bullets'?

I was sticking to pellets designed for sub 12's :thumbs:

Phantom