KC LAKIES DONT WORK TRUE OR FALSE

to be honest i didnt buy the dogs to work i was planning on breeding them as they were off the best of stuff.but a friend said kc lakies are shit they wont go down a hole .aye said why he replied show ponies .i laughed and said any dog thats trained correctly will go down a hole anyway there was a little debate.so my mission is to prove the bugger wrong .i will not be defeated trust me anyway its just a bit of fun between us but i will prove him wrong trust me anyway good luck guys with all your dogs and hope all your dogs work out .thanks for the response.remember its nice to be important but its more important to be nice.

Not being funny pal but what you have is probably 1 in 1000, and i still wouldnt breed off them because the pups almost certainly wont work. KC terriers have been bred for looks for too long and have lost the ability to do proper earthwork in all but a few cases.

And your second comment any dog thats trained right will go down a hole...is true, but its what the dog meets down the hole that splits the difference. Any numpty can run an empty earth, i doubt it if your dogs will stick it in the long run, but i really hope they do. And well done for trying and giving it a go :thumbs:

FTB

Just because they are KC Register'd, don't mean they are not going to work. I work and breed KC Register'd Border Terriers, and they produce good working stock. The dog I have just used is 9 years old and still working, and very well at that. My own bitch is 5 years old and still grafting, and now her off-spring are doing well. A good friend of mine used to work and breed KC Register'd Lakies, and they to produced good workers, so much so, a lot of well known Terrier men, years ago, put them into their own lines, because of their raw courage. I think you are doing a good thing, and good luck with your breeding :thumbs:

I think a lot of old bloodlines were f##ked up beacause people put show stuff into their strains to tidy them up.Also theres working and theres working.I have seen a lot of terriers work well for a few digs then chuck it all in when the going gets tuff.It's no good saying that a dog is working when it only has a few digs under its belt,will they still be working after 50 or so...?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest i didnt buy the dogs to work i was planning on breeding them as they were off the best of stuff.but a friend said kc lakies are shit they wont go down a hole .aye said why he replied show ponies .i laughed and said any dog thats trained correctly will go down a hole anyway there was a little debate.so my mission is to prove the bugger wrong .i will not be defeated trust me anyway its just a bit of fun between us but i will prove him wrong trust me anyway good luck guys with all your dogs and hope all your dogs work out .thanks for the response.remember its nice to be important but its more important to be nice.

Not being funny pal but what you have is probably 1 in 1000, and i still wouldnt breed off them because the pups almost certainly wont work. KC terriers have been bred for looks for too long and have lost the ability to do proper earthwork in all but a few cases.

And your second comment any dog thats trained right will go down a hole...is true, but its what the dog meets down the hole that splits the difference. Any numpty can run an empty earth, i doubt it if your dogs will stick it in the long run, but i really hope they do. And well done for trying and giving it a go :thumbs:

FTB

Just because they are KC Register'd, don't mean they are not going to work. I work and breed KC Register'd Border Terriers, and they produce good working stock. The dog I have just used is 9 years old and still working, and very well at that. My own bitch is 5 years old and still grafting, and now her off-spring are doing well. A good friend of mine used to work and breed KC Register'd Lakies, and they to produced good workers, so much so, a lot of well known Terrier men, years ago, put them into their own lines, because of their raw courage. I think you are doing a good thing, and good luck with your breeding :thumbs:

I think a lot of old bloodlines were f##ked up beacause people put show stuff into their strains to tidy them up.Also theres working and theres working.I have seen a lot of terriers work well for a few digs then chuck it all in when the going gets tuff.It's no good saying that a dog is working when it only has a few digs under its belt,will they still be working after 50 or so...?

what about the KC bull blood in pats and russells

FTB

Bull terriers aren't earthdogs they have been used to put a bit of grunt back into terriers on occasions,but then diluted from there onwards.Plus when people that I know have used Bull blood it has been from a working line of Bull not KC stuff.It's not really the same in my opinion.The KC has ruined every breed it has got its hands on workwise.Surely if you want workers then its commonsense to buy from a line of proven workers that have proven themselves in the ground.

EVERYONE SELLING LAKIES ALL USE MIDDLETON LINES TO SELL THERE PUPS I BET THE MAJORITY ISNT MIDDLTON THEY JUST SAYING THAT TO SELL THE PUPS I NO LOADS OF PEOPLE THAT DO IT AND ITS WENT ON FOR YEARS YOU MUST AGREE.ANYWAY I WILL GIVE IT A BASH AND SEE IF I CAN PROVE HIM WRONG I MIGHT GET PROVED WRONG BUT GOD LOVES A TRIER AND I CAN ASSURE YOU I GIVE 100% IF MY MIND IS SET ON SOMETHING .NOTHING TO LOSE A LOT TO GAIN.IF IT DOESNT WORK OUT I WILL COVER THE BITCH £250.00 KC REG A PUP SO CANNOT LOSE .ANYWAY GOOD LUCK BOYS AND ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE KEEP THE HARD WORK UP.

Edited by wee.gunga

FTB

Bull terriers aren't earthdogs they have been used to put a bit of grunt back into terriers on occasions,but then diluted from there onwards.Plus when people that I know have used Bull blood it has been from a working line of Bull not KC stuff.It's not really the same in my opinion.The KC has ruined every breed it has got its hands on workwise.Surely if you want workers then its commonsense to buy from a line of proven workers that have proven themselves in the ground.

The lad would like to start his own line of kc lakies like the lads with the bedlington he has two young pups showings promise if he can do it good luck to him ken G would use any bull blood has long has it was game kc or not and some are not that diluted the lads that work GM terriers in the last 10 to 15 years have got either kc welsh terrier or kc fox terrier blood in them but they still work and some very will nuttall and parks used border blood he has a up hill struggle but if he can do it that would be another terrier breed pulled back to work form the kc mob

FTB

The lad would like to start his own line of kc lakies like the lads with the bedlington he has two young pups showings promise if he can do it good luck to him ken G would use any bull blood has long has it was game kc or not and some are not that diluted the lads that work GM terriers in the last 10 to 15 years have got either kc welsh terrier or kc fox terrier blood in them but they still work and some very will nuttall and parks used border blood he has a up hill struggle but if he can do it that would be another terrier breed pulled back to work form the kc mob

Good luck to the lad but I wouldn't buy one off him,I hope it works out for him.I've seen more non workers from GM's stock than workers again dogs that would start well but soon threw the towel in.A lot of the big names would put anything across them to make them look like workers( ie to smarten them up) and sell for the money once they had a name.

EVERYONE SELLING LAKIES ALL USE MIDDLETON LINES TO SELL THERE PUPS I BET THE MAJORITY ISNT MIDDLTON THEY JUST SAYING THAT TO SELL THE PUPS I NO LOADS OF PEOPLE THAT DO IT AND ITS WENT ON FOR YEARS YOU MUST AGREE.ANYWAY I WILL GIVE IT A BASH AND SEE IF I CAN PROVE HIM WRONG I MIGHT GET PROVED WRONG BUT GOD LOVES A TRIER AND I CAN ASSURE YOU I GIVE 100% IF MY MIND IS SET ON SOMETHING .NOTHING TO LOSE A LOT TO GAIN.IF IT DOESNT WORK OUT I WILL COVER THE BITCH £750.00 KC REG A PUP SO CANNOT LOSE .ANYWAY GOOD LUCK BOYS AND ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE KEEP THE HARD WORK UP.

my mistake I thought you were doing it for work not to make money just another puppy pedler moorman you were right :thumbdown:

"IF IT DOESNT WORK OUT I WILL COVER THE BITCH £750.00 KC REG A PUP SO CANNOT LOSE .ANYWAY GOOD LUCK BOYS AND ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE KEEP THE HARD WORK UP."

What a bawbag. You have a hell of a lot to learn, hopefully sooner rather than later before you breed of your one minute wonders adding more shite to the market.

750 a pup is a total joke, you couldnt pay me to take your KC shite.

FTB

EVERYONE SELLING LAKIES ALL USE MIDDLETON LINES TO SELL THERE PUPS I BET THE MAJORITY ISNT MIDDLTON THEY JUST SAYING THAT TO SELL THE PUPS I NO LOADS OF PEOPLE THAT DO IT AND ITS WENT ON FOR YEARS YOU MUST AGREE.ANYWAY I WILL GIVE IT A BASH AND SEE IF I CAN PROVE HIM WRONG I MIGHT GET PROVED WRONG BUT GOD LOVES A TRIER AND I CAN ASSURE YOU I GIVE 100% IF MY MIND IS SET ON SOMETHING .NOTHING TO LOSE A LOT TO GAIN.IF IT DOESNT WORK OUT I WILL COVER THE BITCH £750.00 KC REG A PUP SO CANNOT LOSE .ANYWAY GOOD LUCK BOYS AND ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE KEEP THE HARD WORK UP.

thats right thats what dogs are for making as much cash as you can out of :wallbash: . how long have you had dogs.like your intrests in your profile page aswell :hmm: .

FTB

john parks loved my border dog,and frank buck used border in his breeding to as the bloke who bred my dog lined franks 2 bitches [ron hodgson] who has showed borders for over 35yrs but used to work them and my kc stuff worked hard,so as for kc stuff not working what a load of crap.atb

FTB

john parks loved my border dog,and frank buck used border in his breeding to as the bloke who bred my dog lined franks 2 bitches [ron hodgson] who has showed borders for over 35yrs but used to work them and my kc stuff worked hard,so as for kc stuff not working what a load of crap.atb

youve just said that your dogs were out of kc dogs that were worked .so thay were out of workers not just show stuf, that might be why thay turned out ok.

END OF TOPIC BOYS .THANKS FOR YOUR COMENTS THE SENSIBLE ONES ANYWAY AS FOR THE REST THATS YOUR OPINION AND YOUR ENTITLED TO IT.BUT THANKS ANYWAY .IN THE MEANTIME I WILL TRY AND BREED FOR LOOKS ASWELL AS WORK IT MIGHT NOT WORK BUT HEY CAN SAY I TRIED .REMEMBER ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT BUT MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE. STOP THE BITCHING AL YOUR DOING IS BRINGING YOURSELF DOWN.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOYS GOD BLESS AND ALL THE BEST WAY YOUR DOGS.