hunting in canada

hello all

i no there is blokes on hear that hunt with lurchers or staghounds in america but im moving to canada in a year and was wondering if you can hunt with dogs there. if there is anyone in canada i would love to have a chat. im going to a place called chilliwack as a timber faller hopefully ( fed up with this country and what mr blair has done to it).

So i was basically hoping to find info on what type game i can hunt and if lurcher type dogs are easily obtainable over there. i am going out on my own and will be looking to get a dog sharpish just as a bit of companionship if anything as i wont no a sole and would like to spend some time hunting.

So if anyone knows laws on what game you can and cant hunt that would be amazing.

All the best

Treefella

hello all

i no there is blokes on hear that hunt with lurchers or staghounds in america but im moving to canada in a year and was wondering if you can hunt with dogs there. if there is anyone in canada i would love to have a chat. im going to a place called chilliwack as a timber faller hopefully ( fed up with this country and what mr blair has done to it).

So i was basically hoping to find info on what type game i can hunt and if lurcher type dogs are easily obtainable over there. i am going out on my own and will be looking to get a dog sharpish just as a bit of companionship if anything as i wont no a sole and would like to spend some time hunting.

So if anyone knows laws on what game you can and cant hunt that would be amazing.

All the best

Treefella

BC is pretty mountainous. Good bear hunting. Both Black and Grizzly. otherwise various grouse, deer, moose. Hope you enjoy it.

For running dog work Canada might be dissapointing from a legal point of view. The people who like coursing take long trips to the US where coursing is more normal and a small game licence goes a long way. Using only dogs to catch game is illegal throughout Canada.

There are some legal hound work for raccoon opportunities though. And there is a lot of space with jackrabbit and european hare. There is a lot of space anyway.

If you are looking for a staghound then a trip to the US is your best bet. Staghounds are pretty common in the big plain midwest states, if you look around on the net you will find people who keep them and who can point you towards litters/breeders.

L