calling foxes

me and country-kid were out tonight and we managed to call our first fox in with a long range american coyote caller and then a"FOX CALL UK". we had a semi auto , hit with first shot missed with second.it ran off. just wondering will it come into the same calls again , daytime or night and will it be lamp shy. we are thinking about going out tommorrow early morning for a call . do you think theres a chance it'll come in again or am i just being stupid ??? cheers sharpey_93

if your guna shoot make sure your going to kill mate that fox i wouldnt think will ever come into another call and if it survives it will deff run from a lamp my sugestion is if your going to shoot fox's with a shotty use 36 grms and no3's and dont over estimate your shooting ability's ie nothing over 45 yrds max for a clean kill if longer shots required i would a centre fire if you have one if not leave well alone. yis willum just my advice others may have different opinions.

have you got anybody with a dog or dogs to go back and see if you can track it back , if you did hit it i think it is your duty to go back , every thing deserves a good end, having dug to foxes with gangreen 3/4 weeks after a shoot not something that you forget easy , hope you get it A.T.B. oggy

I would say there's a good few questions and answers that this brings to the forum.Semi auto what? 22lr or shotgun? If it was semi auto 22lr, then I would say you are not experienced enough to take that shot.If it was a shot gun, What ammo are you using? You need BBs if you are specifically targeting fox.What range did you get the fox in to? I would 30 yards is your optimum for fox.No, if you hit it is not going to come back to the same call, it will be slowly bleeding to death of suffering massive infection.If neither of you have shot foxes, the first question to ask your self is why? Is it for fun, or are you being asked to specifically target them by a land owner, farmer, gamekeeper? Hard think time, a bit of self searching in order.

I would say there's a good few questions and answers that this brings to the forum.Semi auto what? 22lr or shotgun? If it was semi auto 22lr, then I would say you are not experienced enough to take that shot.If it was a shot gun, What ammo are you using? You need BBs if you are specifically targeting fox.What range did you get the fox in to? I would 30 yards is your optimum for fox.No, if you hit it is not going to come back to the same call, it will be slowly bleeding to death of suffering massive infection.If neither of you have shot foxes, the first question to ask your self is why? Is it for fun, or are you being asked to specifically target them by a land owner, farmer, gamekeeper? Hard think time, a bit of self searching in order.

well put

well put

Good reply mate and i hope it sinks in .

went out with the cocker spaniel today and found it 30yds from were i shot it ! lying in some rough cover . thank god for that . but advice took on board anyway.cheers

CLEVER ANSWER !!!

we all learn from our mistakes, i would recomend going out with an experienced shooter, watch and learn, i have been controlling FOXES for over 30 years myself, but i am still learning,if memory serves me it was around 6 months before i was given the gun by my dad to shoot at my 1st Fox.