BREEDING SO CALLED WORKERS

AT WHAT AGE DO YOU GUYS THINK OF BREEDING OFF A WORKING TERRIER?

AND WHAT AGE DO USE (APPROX) THINK TERRIERS HAVE MADE THE GRADE,? MYSELF PERSONALLY WOULD

NEVER EVEN THINK OF BREEDING OFF A TERRIER UNDER 2 YEARS OLD, DOG,OR BITCH, I HAVE BRED MANY TERRIERS IN

MY TIME AND NONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN UNDER 2.1/2 YEARS OF AGE AND HAD TO BE A PROVEN WORKER.

IM FOREVER HEARING OF PEOPLE BREEDING OFF YOUNG DOGS AND BITCHES SIMPLY BECAUSE THESE DOGS HAVE HAD

A COUPLE OF HANDY RESULTS, IMO A YOUNG DOG ,BITCH. UNDER 2YRS OLD CERTAINLY HASNT PROVED ITS WORTH

OF BEING CALLED A DECENT WORKING TERRIER. JUST MY OPINION.!!!!!!! WHAT DO YOUS THINK

YIS CHANCER

• Like 2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AT WHAT AGE DO YOU GUYS THINK OF BREEDING OFF A WORKING TERRIER?   AND WHAT AGE DO USE (APPROX) THINK TERRIERS HAVE MADE THE GRADE,? MYSELF PERSONALLY WOULD   NEVER EVEN THINK OF BREEDING OFF A TE

WELL ALL DEPENDS MY VIEW DOG AT LEAST 4 SEASONS BITCH SAME MAYBE 3 BUT MUST OF SHOWED SOME REALLY TRUE GRIT IN MANY SITUATIONS BUT WITH GOOD WORKING ABILITY REGARDS DABBER

TOTALLT AGREE FELLA NOWADAYS YOU HEAR OF PUPS BEING BORN FROM A 2YR OLD MOTHER THATS WHY THE GAME IS BAD AS IT GETS     YIS CHANCER

Posted Images

I personally think a bitch should be around 3 to 4 years old minumum, this is due to having atleast 2 seasons under her belt and proving her worth, like wise for a dog.

Personally I wouldn't put a young dog across my bitch, like to use older stuff,which is now retired and putting good stock out there.

Breeding youngsters on all levels is wrong :thumbs:

I still think at two year old you have not got a true working terrier.At best you have only had one season out of him/her.Although they may not have put a foot wrong they are still young and inexperienced.And at two i dont think you have the finished artical.There may be a lot of potential,but i would ussually wait untill their older and had at least two seasons work under their belts.Only my opinion.atb clachan.

I think because a dog/bitch works like a demon doesnt mean any pups will automatically make the grade as well,its the genes that determine how a dog will turn out not the work of the parents.

Ill explain what i mean,

If you bred a very good terrier bitch/dog and sold one pup to a non working home,because that dog will never work does it mean you couldnt breed it and produce a worker? course you could,it carries the genes of good workers.

This bullshit about testing dogs to the limit only comes into play when very gifted knowledgeble blokes decide to create a line and cull anything that doesnt make the grade and thoroughly test every thing that goes into them,theres less of these people about than you think,especially these days,most of us just work and breed dogs created by someone else,when it comes to breeding most people are just playing at it.

Daft question.

I think because a dog/bitch works like a demon doesnt mean any pups will automatically make the grade as well,its the genes that determine how a dog will turn out not the work of the parents.

Ill explain what i mean,

If you bred a very good terrier bitch/dog and sold one pup to a non working home,because that dog will never work does it mean you couldnt breed it and produce a worker? course you could,it carries the genes of good workers.

This bullshit about testing dogs to the limit only comes into play when very gifted knowledgeble blokes decide to create a line and cull anything that doesnt make the grade and thoroughly test every thing that goes into them,theres less of these people about than you think,especially these days,most of us just work and breed dogs created by someone else,when it comes to breeding most people are just playing at it.

Daft question.

YOU HAVE PICKED ME UP WRONG FELLA I ASKED WHAT AGE A TERRIER SHOULD BE BRED FROM ON MY 1ST QUESTION

PERSONALLY I WOULDNT BREED OFF A DOG THATS NOT PROVED ITSELF, OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE :wallbash:

DAFT ANSWER

YIS CHANCER

Ill explain what i mean,

Daft question.

YOU HAVE PICKED ME UP WRONG FELLA I ASKED WHAT AGE A TERRIER SHOULD BE BRED FROM ON MY 1ST QUESTION

PERSONALLY I WOULDNT BREED OFF A DOG THATS NOT PROVED ITSELF, OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE :wallbash:

DAFT ANSWER

YIS CHANCER

As a matter of fact i produced my best ever dog from a very determined grafter and a less than good bitch,so yea i suppose i have bred from a "non worker" the pup i kept wasnt that good by some people on heres standards i suppose,i only dug a few hundred with him and he was only able to kill the odd fox to ground when he was 9 or 10 piss poor really.

some dont dig as much as others if a dog is dug 100 times in 2 seasons and another 100 times in 4 seasons wich is better to breed from imo its not the age its the work thave done :thumbs:

GOOD POINT FELLA :thumbs: YES ALL DIGS ARE DIFFRENT ANY TERRIERMAN WILL KNOW THIS

IS IS 100 DIGS AT 2-5 FT ONLY 2,3,4 ENTRANCES WARE THE DOG WILL FIND EASILY AND BE DUG TO QUICKLY

OR 100 DIGS AT 6- 9 FT 10-20 EARTHS WARE THE DOG WILL HAVE TO WORK TO FIND AND MOST TIMES BE THERE FOR A LENGTH OF TIME TO GET DUG TO.???????

YIS CHANCER

Edited by Chancer

Ill explain what i mean,

Daft question.

DAFT ANSWER

YIS CHANCER

As a matter of fact i produced my best ever dog from a very determined grafter and a less than good bitch,so yea i suppose i have bred from a "non worker" the pup i kept wasnt that good by some people on heres standards i suppose,i only dug a few hundred with him and he was only able to kill the odd fox to ground when he was 9 or 10 piss poor really.

SAME QUESTION GOES TO YOU ASWELL STEVIE :thumbs:

YIS CHANCER