Pup update

Hi Folks

Thought I would post another update on my Hancock Beardie half cross pup. Well he is 7 month old and around 24 inches now and coming along a storm, pretty quick too.

After a little problem with his retrieving I think we have now sorted things out in fact he has become somewhat obsessed with it all.

His general obedience is pretty good too though he is still very much a puppy and has his moments of silliness and frenzied running about every now and again but all in all I'm pretty pleased with his progress.

His hunting instinct is quite strong and he now shows quite a lot of interest in well uses rabbit holes even though I have gone out of my way to make sure he hasn't had the chance to chase any yet. To give an example yesterday we were out just for a walk and a bit of training when he suddenly started frenziedly digging next to a hedge, next thing you know he came trotting up to me with a mole in his mouth, very pleased with himself. Not quite the quarry I was thinking of using him for but I was fairly chuffed.

Anyway here are a few pictures and then a short film of him retrieving a dummy, sorry about the quality of the film, its my first time with a digital camera and I didn't think about which way I was holding it. Also Tinker got more than a little confused when he came back and found me with a camera in front of my face so I had to put it down (but sadly not of) before he would come right up to me and giver me the dummy.

tinker7m.jpg

tinker7m1.jpg

tinker7m2.jpg

tinker7m3.jpg

Retrieving a dummy film