Another Stroke!!!

Just found out my grandad has had another stroke this must be the 7th in the last 2 years and each time it takes abit more from the old warhorse. This time it has taken all of his speech and the poor bugger can`t even swallow which has got the docs worried. Having to feed him via tubes and tubes of fluid and so on its a sad sight to see a man who was so strong reduced to this.

He can barely see and his hearing has gone and yet he still fights on what a soldier . Before this stoke he did struggle to talk but in his mind knew what he wanted to say but just could`nt get it out. He`s a shadow of the man he once was but i hate to see this happening.

For this man is my rock allways has been and allways will be . When life was wearing me down or whatever 5 minutes with him and i was back on the level, my calm in amongst the storm clouds. Such a kind and non judge mental man, a man that nothing was to big a favour to ask .

All i can do is pray and hope you pull through this grandad.

For any one else out there who may be facing a similar situation be strong atvb FV.

Cherish every moment you have with him mate,I never knew my Grandfathers,both passed away either before I was born or when I was very young,both by all acounts great men, Grandad on dad's side was a gunner(hence the very gun Grandpa used on avatar) at Ypres,and I'm trying to dig up history on his Military life.

Good luck Mate, Netfull

ferretville , You a good man, you have strong blood like grandad, look after each other. Talk let him know all well, it sometime slow to recover, but he sound like a tank of a man.

A prayer i send to you both. :thumbs:

Cheers lads he is quite distressed and upset understanable really still alot more tests to be done. Popping in to see him tomorrow will keep ya updated many thanks for the kind words much appreciated FV

Feeling for you Ferretville... never met either of my Grandads, but know what you're going through as I cared for my Dad through his last illness. It's hard to bear... :(