BEST WORKING TYPE.

yes i know what an albino is what i'm saying is once its blood is diluted even if its albino the inherant illness cease it does not alter there work ethic and you would have to go a long way to find an albino strain thats never been out crossed to polecat iv'e had them 38yrs and the old boys then used to out cross them with polecats to give them a bit more fire in there belly but they'd only ever keep the albino's cos they were easy to see in the undergrowth, i would not read to much into the literature your reading

Wow 38 yrs, we will agree to differ, I bow to your superior knowledge, after all I've only been breeding and working ferrets for 50 yrs. your trumped mate . :yes:

well you should no better then should'nt you, go off experiance not of a load of bollocks of the internet common sense should tell you albino x polecat not pure blood no matter what colour the offspring you'd of thought after 50yrs you'd of learnt something i doubt if theres any pure bloob albino's about they've all been crossed you know worker to worker :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I'll leave you with your bollocks mate, your telling me a bit of experience teaches you more than proper scientific reserch. There is none so thick as those that don't want to learn, your knowledge of basic genetics is pathetic, you carry on in the dark ages mate, good luck. I suppose you've never heard of Waadenburg syndrome in ferrets either.

Edited by romany52

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albinism is recessive to polecat colouring. If 2 albinos are mated,the litter will be 100% white. If mated to polecat,the litter will be 100% polecat coloured but will carry albino genes. If the albino/polecat is mated to albino,the litter will be 50% albino,25% polecat,carrying albino,and 25% "pure" polecat.(not carrying albino).

If whites appear in "pure" polecat matings,both parents must be carrying albino genes. silver etc is a modification of the colouring/dilution genes.

This is why the polecat v albino arguement is nonsense!!

i keep poleys and my butty keeps albinos took out two of each colour and i seen both bolt rabbits. so i go of that and i dont think that colour or breed matters in working ability. thay seem abit childish for there age :whistling:

yes mate your with me on this one want be long be having a thread that says do more liver spainels catch more than the black and white ones lol god the way some people think

i keep poleys and my butty keeps albinos took out two of each colour and i seen both bolt rabbits. so i go of that and i dont think that colour or breed matters in working ability. thay seem abit childish for there age :whistling:

yes mate your with me on this one want be long be having a thread that says do more liver spainels catch more than the black and white ones lol god the way some people think

It doesn't alter the fact that whites have genetic problems that polecats haven't got. Truth is like that, even if you don't believe it, it's still there. Find out for your selves.Now I'm done. :headshot::