Making a Smoker

first check the exhaust, mine came apart via a couple of bolts, so I drilled a larger outlet hole (15mm) then put on a 15mm compression tank connector (plumbers/diy shop) then simply put in a length of 15mm copper tube, around a foot long, then a trip to the car spares shop for some 20mm radiator hose and a jubilee clip, that wont melt

remember to add you 2 stroke oil alot thicker than normal to make more smoke, till the petrol nearly turns black is a rough guide

first check the exhaust, mine came apart via a couple of bolts, so I drilled a larger outlet hole (15mm) then put on a 15mm compression tank connector (plumbers/diy shop) then simply put in a length of 15mm copper tube, around a foot long, then a trip to the car spares shop for some 20mm radiator hose and a jubilee clip, that wont melt

remember to add you 2 stroke oil alot thicker than normal to make more smoke, till the petrol nearly turns black is a rough guide

I dont know what 2 stroke oil you use mate but it usually comes in red, blue or green so it wouldnt look black anyway. Also I wouldnt make the mix too strong otherwise it will foul the plug and cut out and it would be a twat to restart.

just made one myself last week out of a chainsaw. took the plate off the exhaust. then got a compressed air line fitting £1.74. then got a lad to weld it into the hole where the exhaust comes out. then just a length of hydraulic hose, any hydraulic firm that makes these hoses up would be happy to give you a used piece as they have to pay to get it moved.. good luck anyway mate.

ps tried mine out on sunday morn. it worked a treat. out again tomoz will keep you posted. oh the air compressor fittings are designed to hold a hose so you dont neeed a jubilee clip. :thumbs:

:gunsmilie: I made mine out of an old strimmer, cut the shaft off, moved the handle and on/off switch, no need to add anthing to the exhaust as i just put the base of the strimmer in the hole and let it tick over. Try using a mineral base 2 stroke oil it tend to be more smokey. By the way a strimmer smoker tend to be lighter than a chainsaw one and always carry a plug spanner with you incase the plug fouls up. :download: :hunter:

I want to make a Smoker out of an old Chainsaw I am Looking for advice etc in particular what pipe to use or how to fit one so that it doesn't melt

Mine is made out of a strimmer too. works well and its light as said before, sometimes the smokers shift the rats sometimes it doesn't.

Looking for some good ratting to get my sporting lucas terrier pup going too

Heart of Wales if you want a hand i'm up for it mate

Bry