got a good pair of bino's, it was a good bit of fun to watch and

the condition they get them in is good too.. and if i remember

rightly i won my bet :clapper:

The huntsman of the cumberland farmers took me to watch a few of

his trail hounds go, you see the start and the finish unless you

got a good pair of bino's, it was a good bit of fun to watch and

the condition they get them in is good too.. and if i remember

rightly i won my bet :clapper:

I went to Lowther Show a good few years ago no, it pissed down with rain, so I thought I would go for a ride round. just by chance we came across a Trail Hound Meet. It was the best part of the weekend. You were asking what are they like with live quarry, well we had one as a draft hound in the early seventies with the Snowdon Valley Foxhounds. It was a stunting looking beast, but not that good with foxes. When I get my scanner up and running I will put some snaps up.

• 5 months later...

hi all. these hounds are brilliant to watch when u no were they have been and the time they do it in is breath takeing . the adult hounds will race 20 25 mile and do it in no time the pups will go 10 miles and they fly aswell very very dedicated people who run these hounds if the hair on the back ov ur neck dont stand up [bANNED TEXT] u watch these on the run in well i dont no great sport

if the hair on the back ov ur neck dont stand up [bANNED TEXT] u watch these on the run in well i dont no great sport

happens to me everytime i see & hear the hounds waiting for the off .the all ireland is coming up sometime in september dont know where yet , its in cork somehere it wont be disclosed till near the day .

Maurice Bell used to run a trail at his 'Day in the Dales' show at his kennels in Hawes, Cumbrian wresteling too. The trail was set so as the hounds left the show ground, they would run a circle round the hills giving full view for the full duration and finishing back by the spectators. Was a great watch.

As his show was held in May most of the hounds were shaved down to combat the heat. Don't know if he still does it, ain't been back in about 10 years. ;)