what would your dog do

out yesterday a walk with my 3 dogs doing a bit of bushing. moved a good few rabbits nd some good chases with the lurcher, the spaniel moved one and the lurcher got it. but the spaniel started working again while the lurcher was retreiving the rabbit back and a rabbit flew out. lurcher dropped the rabbit it had in its mouth so it could chase the other one. the rabbit tried to make a run for it but i sent my lab out and it got it. what would your dog do in this situation. al put some pics up from yest

atb poacherman

post-43216-126693284094_thumb.jpg

post-43216-126693285501.jpg

What would which one of my dogs do? I have a simular set up to yourself although my dogs are a beagle x jr, a plummer terrier and untill a few months ago a beddy whippet grey. In all honesty the beddy whippet grey probably wouldnt off been anywhere nearby TO chase 1st or 2nd rabbit as he kept fecking off! I gave him away eventually because he made me so bloody angry by fecking off all the time but thats another story. Iv had lurchers that would retreive 1st rabbit and drop it as 2nd one bolts (most do i think) and iv had some ignore 2nd rabbit. Or even not see it. Would my beagle x jr of gone in? Yes, probably without being told to, he seldom waits for a command! Lol!! Would my plummer of gone in? Same as the beagle really, probably more so as hese young and eager. Many times iv had both terriers hanging off the rabbit as the lurcher carries it back to me and it just ends up in a tug o war!

only ever seen it happen once in 40yrs,me,my lad and me mate out ferreting on a hedge when a rabbit bolted across the field from a bolt hole we had missed,my mates bitch,which is still the best I've seen in 20yrs ran and picked it up,only about 100yds or so,as she was retrieving it another,a squatter,jumped up in front of her,she ran that rabbit with the other still in her mouth,my bitch ran towards it,by this time she was trying to pick it up, still with the other rabbit in her mouth,in the end she dropped the one in her mouth and picked the other up,my bitch arrived and picked up the first one as she dropped it,in theory she caught both rabbits,never seen it since or probably will again.