German shepherdx greyhound

Heres a pic of my mates G.S. x Greyhound.Takes lots of stuff and does it well,3 yrs old and a dinger on fox and deer,he isnt that keen on rabbit but takes a good share of them also,obedient and an allround decent dog.

millet,,its the photo.The dog is walked almost every night,and lamped regulary.He is a 1/2 bred.He gets plenty of feeding and is in top condition.He has great stamina and takes foxes with ease single handed.at the time of the photo he was shedding his coat and needed a good brushing.I am considering crossing him back to a greyhound again but not sure yet if its worth it.Whats your opinion on such a move?

thanks for pictures jigsaw this is the first resent pic of GSD x ive seen. Am told there's one on the

smoochers site but i con't get on it for some reason :angry:

do you meen moochershunting site and if so ive checked the running dogs on the gallery and which one is it.

that dog looks racy for an half cross jigsaw.nice looking dog though mate.

good hunting

rew

Well Frank,thats my thought,a coursing greyhound or a whippet greyhound,what do people think.The dog has speed aplenty,and is very calculating in his approach to his quarry so I believe hes thinking before he strikes.He's not a dog to chase after rabbits that are obviously too far away.When he sees 1 he walks along until he thinks he has a chance of sucess.He also can be called off a planned attack but not when hes in full course.! great thing about him is when your out lamping with him,if theres anyone about and hes on the slip,he starts to growl real low and you can feel the vibrations up the leash.He's never wrong,once or twice we squatted after hes growled and to be sure theres the farmer or tenant strolling along no too far away.Its a very handy habit he has.

Heres a pic of my mates G.S. x Greyhound.Takes lots of stuff and does it well,3 yrs old and a dinger on fox and deer,he isnt that keen on rabbit but takes a good share of them also,obedient and an allround decent dog.

nice dog mate looks stuning

I'm thinking along the lines of net guarder mainly,with lamping and the odd hare thrown in for good measure,fox on the odd occasion,lampinglurcher I know where your coming from with the use of a bull/greyhound cross but it might be a little overenthusiastic for net work and maybe a rabbit cruncher also,your opinion would be interesting to hear.I thought a 3/4 grey hound xgermanshepherd would still be obedient enough and inteligent enough to train for the finer art of ferreting.

he looks a cracker [bANNED TEXT], how ye enter yer dogs to deer?

Paddy he was ran with another dog I'm told,took him a few turns to catch on,but does them single handed now,havnt seen him do them but I've seen the results of a night out on them.

Guest oldskool

watch this space..... i bred a gsdxgrey to a whippetxgrey about 5 years ago... she threw a few whippets in the litter and this pic will be one of them... its a much loved pet now but she is still like lightning and will run all day.. quite a few of the neighbours cats have gone awol as well :whistle: .....

the gsdxgrey we ran was very like the one on the previous page only ours had the alsas tail.... when it got to 6/7 years old its arse trailed the ground... i would give my right arm for another dog like him but i think there is no advantages of breeding the gsd/grey... imo, they dont have anything that a collie lurcher doesnt have... other than a collies arse wont trail the ground when it gets older...

Edited by oldskool

Was talking to my mate pumperdog and he said it was a gs sire to a greyhound bitch,finding a 3/4 g.h x gsd is a tall order I reckon,what would you think of the 3/4 g.h x gsd?would it be a bright easily trained dog?I think it might.But I think it may be easier to buy a good all round lurcher rather than breed a litter and not have the demand for the pups,again producing a litter that may not have a very enjoyable existence.