alright lads can anyone help? i got myself a 110 defender 3 months ago but when i got it the gearbox was snapped. i must have rang around every landrover dealer in ireland looking for one but cant get one :wallbash: can anyone help am going off my head :doh: any help or info about where i could get one would be much appreciated

It's not in ireland mate but i had a gearbox for a ford ranger from a bloke at Abbey Transmissions in Essex, he was very reasonable and will do discount if you send him the old unit after you've changed it. He does all sorts of vehicles from nissan micra's to rigid axle HGV gearboxes, diffs, transfer boxes and rebuild your own kits. Give him a ring 01992 893833, website says UK delivery. All the best, Luke.

It's not in ireland mate but i had a gearbox for a ford ranger from a bloke at Abbey Transmissions in Essex, he was very reasonable and will do discount if you send him the old unit after you've changed it. He does all sorts of vehicles from nissan micra's to rigid axle HGV gearboxes, diffs, transfer boxes and rebuild your own kits. Give him a ring 01992 893833, website says UK delivery. All the best, Luke.

cheers bert i"ll try him. i did"nt know i could use a gearbox from another type of vehicle thanks a million mate :victory:

It wont be from another type of vehicle, it will be a reconditioned landrover gearbox, you then send him your old one once you've changed it, he then reconditions your old one and flogs it on to the next bloke with a broken landrover. He was worth his weight in gold when i had trouble, even told me what the diff ratios were and sent me a few tools that i needed to do the job.

try these blokes they should be able to fix you up paddy buckley cork 0872514409 stock limerick 0877934323

cheers mick i tried paddy buckley but he is waiting for a few to be sent to him from england but thats the reply ive being getting from him for the last 8 weeks lol. il try that guy in limerick thanks a million mick