dogs outside

hi lads ive had my pup for about two months now and its been kept in my house until the run got built, now the run has been built im wondering how to stop her from crying andbarking all day and night or will she just stop after a few days

cheers allrounder

hi lads ive had my pup for about two months now and its been kept in my house until the run got built, now the run has been built im wondering how to stop her from crying andbarking all day and night or will she just stop after a few days

cheers allrounder

Your biggest prob mate is you should have built the run then bought the dog.

Puppy will want the warmth and noise of the house.

Dont go down to it whatever you do when it crys :no:

Trial and error is needed here

With her only being a young pup she should cotton on soon enough, use the rapid return technique every time shes causing a fuss go out and kick her in the head .

haha just kiddin mate, i personaly just ignore em, she'll be thinking what the hell happend to the warm combfy house with all that attention.

Best of luck with her just have patience

Ant

you have spent your life, to date, in a house, go and sleep outside and see why she is whining...

not a dig at you mate, just the easiest way to explain.

Whenever i have brought pups home, i have filled a glass water bottle with warm water and wrapped it in a towel, this is creating the effect and warmthness of other pups.

Some dog's will just whine when they are outside (my old dog was a real b@stard for that he only stopped whining as much about 2 months before he had to go)

don't give the dog attention when its whining, as it will associate "if i whine - i get attention"

the way i do it is a bit at a time start by doing all its feeding outside in the run it will a sociate

good things with the outside run then increase the time each day turn on a radio like has been said

and give it plenty of toys good luck :)

Edited by wild dog

come time the pup will stop but what i will say is dont let it back in the house not even for five mins, atleast by doing this you wont be teasing the dog ! forget the toys cos you know how much shiting a pup can do in a day and the toys are just going to get caked in shite , a big meaty boan would be a better idea it will give the pup something to kill the boardome and its all good for him , as for the yapping and howling your just going to have to put up with it for a wee while , dont get me wrong sometimes a good slap on the head works to , as for they start to relise that ( hey wait a minute if i bark and howl ime gonna get atention here but not the kind i like ) but then you goto think about it like this ! when you go and slap the dog it will aslo asosiate you with a slap and it will loose trust in you so there is a down side to this method ! ive tryed using a radio and as it works it also makes the dog so used to sound in yer garden that if some f****r was sneeking about the dog wouldnt bark as for hes used to loads of difrent sounds ! my advice would be give the dog a boan and let him get on with it put up with it for a wee while and he will soon stop dont be going out every five mins and upsetting him and if he hasnt stopt it after a week ot two give him a slap and work it from there :thumbs-up:

Edited by carra

cheers allrounder

hi allrounder, personally i prefer to have my dogs inside initially, purely so they can be housetrained, handy if they need to come indoors through injury or recovery from the dreaded vet trips! Contrary to other advice given i would have introduced said pup in short visits to the kennel increasing in time length over a period of time. A second dog in the kennel would sure make it easier and less stressful for the both of you. Hope this helps.