Joined the forum last night but couldn’t see how to introduce myself – probably get it wrong this morning too!

My main interest is falconry – all ground game – but I have enjoyed a little hunting with running dogs and am also a keen ferreter, using them mainly with hawks.

Anyway, intro over – let’s see if I can get it to post where it should be.

Martin

:welcomeani: to thl hope u injoy

hi to every one im new to the whole hunting scene i recently got a lurcher 8 months ago and have started working her unfortuntly not caught anything yet but we getting close. im having bother getting her to jump over fences or gates or anything thats taller than she is, so if anybody got any tips on how to gat her to jump i'd be greatful. thanks

hi to every one im new to the whole hunting scene i recently got a lurcher 8 months ago and have started working her unfortuntly not caught anything yet but we getting close. im having bother getting her to jump over fences or gates or anything thats taller than she is, so if anybody got any tips on how to gat her to jump i'd be greatful. thanks

hi and welcome hold your lurcher back till it s around 12 month reason is its bones and muscules are not mature yet just concatrate long walk retriveing ,recall, sit, stay and heel if she keep missing rabbits there is a big possabilty it will start yapping. either get it a drop rabbit or lamp a squater and walk the dog right up to it, this gives it more of a chance of a kill just iwould not bother with the jumping just yet very small ones it will build its own confidents do not rush you will knack you dog all the best Darren Edited by darren67

hi and welcome hold your lurcher back till it s around 12 month reason is its bones and muscules are not mature yet just concatrate long walk retriveing ,recall, sit, stay and heel if she keep missing rabbits there is a big possabilty it will start yapping. either get it a drop rabbit or lamp a squater and walk the dog right up to it, this gives it more of a chance of a kill just iwould not bother with the jumping just yet very small ones it will build its own confidents do not rush you will knack you dog all the best Darren

hi thanks for the advice im new to all this so any tips are welcome