LEGEND LAMPING DOGS

Duck wing when the collie cur beat "Blue" was it not a knock out senario?? and it beat by one rabbit?? I dont know just a tale I heard then on the way home blue knocked over a few hares??

One thing is for sure "blue" must of made some impact on the dogging world as he is still mentioned and it will be undispuited he put plenty of gear to bed and the man Minshaw grafted his dogs to there limits. And also he wont of been alone working his dogs to their limits plenty deadicated men will work there dogs hard.

Not sure there will be many more legends or so called Legends in to days climit would not be worth the hassle or the notorioty..

NOPE ..... BLUE WAS BEATEN WELL .... SIMPLE AS

REMEMBER 99 % OF THE TIME MINSHAW AND PALS RAN THEIR DOGS DOUBLED UP .... ON EVERYTHING !

A FEW OF THE MEN I AM PROUD TO CALL FRIENDS SAW BLUE AND ALL THE OTHERS OF THAT ERA RAN ........ THEY SAID TO ME THEY WERE GOOD CATCH DOGS WITH STAMINA .......... BUT VERY MEDIOCRE WHEN RAN SINGLE ......SOMETHING FOR YOU LADS TO THINK ON ?

YOU SEE LADS ........ SOME LADS ARE GENUINE MEN WHO DONT REQUIRE THEIR NAME IN LIGHTS ABOVE THEIR KENNELS YETS ARE OUT DOING THE BUSINESS WEEK IN WEEK OUT ........ JUST BECAUSE THEY ARENT IN A MAG OR ON HERE DOESNT MEAN THEY ARENT OUT THERE ...........................

OTHERS ?

WELL IT HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR MEN TO GO AS FAR AS ... FREEZING GAME IN A DEEP FREEZE TILL THE BAG OF A WEEK / MONTHES CATCH WAS BROUGHT OUT AND PHOTOGRAPHED .......... THATS HOW FAR SOME WILL GO TO IMPRESS GREENHORNS IN THE GAME THAT HAVENT KILLED BIG NUMBERS !!!

YOU FELLAS BETTER CHEW ON THE ABOVE ..... ITS THE BEST BIT OF INFO YOU WILL GET ............... BECAUSE IT MEANS ONLY ONE THING

A GOOD DOGS MADE BY GETTING IT OUT OFTEN WHERE THERES PLENTY OF GAME ..... AND TESTING .....

ONE THING ABOUT MINSHAW WAS HE WASNT AFRAID TO GET ON THE LAND HOLDING BIG NUMBERS , AND WE ALL KNOW THE BIG NUMBERS ARE MOSTLY ON KEEPERD LAND ...... THOUGH I SUPPOSE BEING A LITTLE SHITE OF A HOUSE / FARM BURGLAR GETTING CAUGHT POACHING WASNT HIGH ON HIS PRIORITYS !

THE TRUTHS ON ALWAYS EASY TO SWALLOW

DUCKWING

Cheers for your reply duck wing like i said i heard the tale most likely 5th or 6th hand and many years later...

I am sure no one is pulling game out of chest freezers for pictures tho bit desperate lol

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers for mentioning my bitch Ginny, although she is no longer with me due to a incident half way through the season involving the scottish police she had a lot of big bags SINGLE HANDED on the rabbi

MINSHAWS BLUE ? .......... GOT BEAT IN A MATCH BY A MATES FIRST CROSS CUR / GREYHOUND   THE UNBEATABLE BLUE ? ....... YEAH RIGHT   MORE CRAPS BEEN WRITTEN ABOUT BOTH COURSING AND LAMPING DO

NOPE ..... BLUE WAS BEATEN WELL .... SIMPLE AS   REMEMBER 99 % OF THE TIME MINSHAW AND PALS RAN THEIR DOGS DOUBLED UP .... ON EVERYTHING ! A FEW OF THE MEN I AM PROUD TO CALL FRIENDS SAW BLUE AND

Duck wing when the collie cur beat "Blue" was it not a knock out senario?? and it beat by one rabbit?? I dont know just a tale I heard then on the way home blue knocked over a few hares??

One thing is for sure "blue" must of made some impact on the dogging world as he is still mentioned and it will be undispuited he put plenty of gear to bed and the man Minshaw grafted his dogs to there limits. And also he wont of been alone working his dogs to their limits plenty deadicated men will work there dogs hard.

Not sure there will be many more legends or so called Legends in to days climit would not be worth the hassle or the notorioty..

NOPE ..... BLUE WAS BEATEN WELL .... SIMPLE AS

REMEMBER 99 % OF THE TIME MINSHAW AND PALS RAN THEIR DOGS DOUBLED UP .... ON EVERYTHING !

A FEW OF THE MEN I AM PROUD TO CALL FRIENDS SAW BLUE AND ALL THE OTHERS OF THAT ERA RAN ........ THEY SAID TO ME THEY WERE GOOD CATCH DOGS WITH STAMINA .......... BUT VERY MEDIOCRE WHEN RAN SINGLE ......SOMETHING FOR YOU LADS TO THINK ON ?

YOU SEE LADS ........ SOME LADS ARE GENUINE MEN WHO DONT REQUIRE THEIR NAME IN LIGHTS ABOVE THEIR KENNELS YETS ARE OUT DOING THE BUSINESS WEEK IN WEEK OUT ........ JUST BECAUSE THEY ARENT IN A MAG OR ON HERE DOESNT MEAN THEY ARENT OUT THERE ...........................

OTHERS ?

WELL IT HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR MEN TO GO AS FAR AS ... FREEZING GAME IN A DEEP FREEZE TILL THE BAG OF A WEEK / MONTHES CATCH WAS BROUGHT OUT AND PHOTOGRAPHED .......... THATS HOW FAR SOME WILL GO TO IMPRESS GREENHORNS IN THE GAME THAT HAVENT KILLED BIG NUMBERS !!!

YOU FELLAS BETTER CHEW ON THE ABOVE ..... ITS THE BEST BIT OF INFO YOU WILL GET ............... BECAUSE IT MEANS ONLY ONE THING

A GOOD DOGS MADE BY GETTING IT OUT OFTEN WHERE THERES PLENTY OF GAME ..... AND TESTING .....

ONE THING ABOUT MINSHAW WAS HE WASNT AFRAID TO GET ON THE LAND HOLDING BIG NUMBERS , AND WE ALL KNOW THE BIG NUMBERS ARE MOSTLY ON KEEPERD LAND ...... THOUGH I SUPPOSE BEING A LITTLE SHITE OF A HOUSE / FARM BURGLAR GETTING CAUGHT POACHING WASNT HIGH ON HIS PRIORITYS !

THE TRUTHS ON ALWAYS EASY TO SWALLOW

DUCKWING

Cheers for your reply duck wing like i said i heard the tale most likely 5th or 6th hand and many years later...

I am sure no one is pulling game out of chest freezers for pictures tho bit desperate lol

Duckwing,regrding the cur cross owned by your mate Ian did it go on to become a prolific catcher of game? As i seem to re-call it didn't? Every dog has it's day is the saying i'm looking for here,they are not machines as you'll agree if you've owned and ran them? I've came across many more so in the day that looked unbeatable one day and the next looked worse than moderate including some of my own! The point i'm making is that the cur you "gloat" over had from what i know anyways one good night,the other dog was renowned for putting game away over many seasons was it not? People are always in the firing line waiting to shoot down a good dog but why? Even the mighty Foxy and the like are not exempt from it? A dog becomes a legend imo when it's proven over many seasons and ran to the hilt be it in matches or lamping or whatever not because of a one day/night flash in the pan,we've all seen them kind of dogs have we not? All the best PP.