Crazy ferret!!!!

I went to feed and clean my ferrets out tonight and as per normal a couple of them jumped out of the door, I picked the first one up and put her back but when I went to pick the second one up it went berserk. It turned around and latched on to my knuckle, sprayed and started screeching. Now I have had this ferret running around the garden literally hundreds of times and have never had a problem, I have handled her since she was a kit and have never been bitten, I checked her over and there are no visible marks and she didn't flinch or screech when i stroked her which leads me to believe there are no injuries but i would love to know why she went mad like this. She has calmed down now and I have handled her with no problems. Has anyone any ideas or thoughts that I may have overlooked?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:hmm: Doddsy; I'm figuring you'll have thought of this one ~ but it's the only similarity I've even encountered: Might you possibly have picked up a scent from somewhere? On ye hands or even clothing?

I was thinking back to my own, very first, ferret. I went out with the air rifle and did what kids did in those days. Came back with blood on my hands and (spot the deliberate mistake!) opened the f***ing hutch! :icon_eek:

Of course, my finger tame ferret turned into a leaping nightmare which chased me up the garden path and had me perching on the garden wall in terror! :laugh:

I never did that again, I can tell ye!

:hmm: Doddsy; I'm figuring you'll have thought of this one ~ but it's the only similarity I've even encountered: Might you possibly have picked up a scent from somewhere? On ye hands or even clothing?

I was thinking back to my own, very first, ferret. I went out with the air rifle and did what kids did in those days. Came back with blood on my hands and (spot the deliberate mistake!) opened the f***ing hutch! :icon_eek:

Of course, my finger tame ferret turned into a leaping nightmare which chased me up the garden path and had me perching on the garden wall in terror! :laugh:

I never did that again, I can tell ye!

The only thing that was different yesterday was that id popped in for a swift :drink: . I did think was it that but i just don't know. It would be just my luck to have a ferret who was a member of alcoholics anonymous in a past life :11:

Hello is your ferret white?because my white ferret's used to do that but with there poor eye site they dident see or here me & they got a scare but never bit hard they settled after a second & relised it was me.Have had them scream & bite but no pee but i stopped it my making sure they herd me next time.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
The only thing that was different yesterday was that id popped in for a swift :drink:

Boosh! I'll bet that was it! Either the smell of the drink ~ though I very much doubt that, in all honesty. But your manner.

Pint or two and; You wouldn't know it. Ye mates wouldn't know it. These are the things that only moody wives and other animals can pick up on so well :laugh:

We've all been badly bitten by some ferret. Comes the time we try to pick him up again, what happens? Yet the man we got him off can come round and handle him like a puppy! We'd swear we were acting perfectly normally. But .....

I imagine that's why the drink / drive limit's set so seemingly low, see? What is it? Pint and half? Something like that. Yet who'd like to admit just two pints effects them in any way? I reckon that's what spooked that ferret ;)